Buying suggestions for all aluminum 28' race trailer

Old 12-14-2014, 03:27 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

A little history about the crickets.
Rick Huff use to sell refurbished and supped up Club Car golf carts all over the US. He got into it long before so many other people did. At some point he wanted a different market. This area is well known for horses. Polo, cutting, race horses, a couple different big futurities are here on a regular basis every year. He came up with the idea of the small golf cart so it could be driven in the side door of a horse trailer and the bed is just the right size to haul 1 square bail of hay. That was the original idea, but with anything you find other uses for them. It's small enough to drive down a boat dock, fits on a small hitch (rack) behind a motorhome, etc. I thought about buying one because they are so small, but never did. They cost as much as a full size cart.

The picture of the guy pushing the cushion in the cart is Rick. he's also wearing an orange shirt in the other picture.

http://www.ricksesv.com/
Old 02-16-2015, 07:41 AM
Farmerozzy
SHOW GUEST

A good rule of thumb is to match the trailer weight fully loaded to the tow vehicle weight..equal or heavyer on the tow vehicle..as far as trailers go i only buy an use HAULMARK or a WELLS CARGO both are build heavy an strong..also only use 8 lug on every wheel 10 ply tires not 6 ply thats on your 1/2 ton an the biggest brakes they make...with a 6 speed trans in a HD 2500 chevy pulls the show like there is nothing behind it...also pulls west vir mountains well both up an down the mountains....also remember a perfect setup is level truck an level trailer..
Old 02-16-2015, 03:28 PM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

My 26' all aluminum trailer is under construction right now. I have pictures of each faze of building. All the floor frame, uprights and roof are done. couple more weeks and I should have it home. Built by the Almish in Nappanee Indiana. Tony Elliot Trailer sales is who I bought it from in Warsaw Indiana. He advertises on Racing Junk under the trailer section for sale ads.

It will be about 500-600# lighter than the 24' steel trailer I was using successfully with my 2014 1500 Silverado, 5.3 engine, 3.42 gear. The aluminum bench I will ad and the Cricket golf cart may put it back to where I started weight wise , but I will have 2' more to work with in length for the cart.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:40 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

Well, it has taken a while, but my new trailer is to be ready to pick up next week. Now just need the weather to cooperate, which does not look too good so far for central and northern Indiana.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:24 AM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

mark if you choose to put decals or lettering on the trailer, shot me a text I got a guy that did mine came in at 1/3 the money and zero issues in 6 years 708-308-0282. Also not sure about the interior but my buddy and I finished mine and I was very pleased Go strait and fast !!!!
Old 02-27-2015, 09:29 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

Thanks for the encouragement. I will keep the phone number handy.

I have been getting reports of the DOT picking on trailers with signage on them, saying they were professionals and were subject to increased rules and fines were being handed out. Going low profile for now.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:45 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Post up some pics when you get it home. Have a safe trip when you get to go after it.

Curtis
Old 02-27-2015, 06:00 PM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

I have pictures now, but don't know how to post on the forum. If you private message me your email, I will send pictures to you.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:04 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

I now have my new inTech 26' all aluminum trailer.

It is a nice unit and I think Tony Elliott did his job getting me what I wanted.

He has steel and aluminum trailers and custom golf carts in stock and will build what you want for a fair price. He advertises on Racing Junk in the Trailer ads.

ELLIOTTSCUSTOMTRAILERS.com

Warsaw, Indiana
Old 03-12-2015, 04:00 PM
CarMatchmaker
SHOW GUEST

Esquire Network is looking for those wanting to participate in the historic LeMons Race but need help searching for a car to compete!

If you are looking for a "lemon" to compete in the LeMons Race but can't seem to find the perfect fit, then our car expert is the guy for you!

Email us at [email protected] with your name, contact info, and what "lemon" you are looking for