Pro Comp Heads

Old 09-07-2009, 03:42 PM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

Hey Dirka 500 posts in one month? can you say OUTSPOKEN?
Old 09-07-2009, 03:47 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by gungho
Hey Dirka 500 posts in one month? can you say OUTSPOKEN?
Can you say GET A LIFE??
Old 09-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Gubgho who makes that stud girdle? I've never seen one like that....I like it. Looks like you can see things a lot better. I had a busted spring and couldn't even see it until the girdle came off. Mine is a crane.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:02 PM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

Tod it is made by Jomar,it works great,to check the lash you only need to loosen the setscrew to that rocker.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:24 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

I have not heard anything but bad, but one of the members on RJ "gungho" seems to have had fairly good luck with them..

I can say that it is very seldom that I hear bad new about DART, AFR or BRODIX aluminum heads. Seems to me there is a ton of bad news on the net pertaining to pro comp.

I guess my only question is, When you buy a steak, do you buy best cut available? Or????????

Just my take on this matter.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:57 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Not saying good or bad, but i saw that Murrey, is advertizing them on his all alum 632" street motor for $10,000.00 and his blown 540" street motor. Quiet a few people here on RJ, had good things to say about him a few months ago. With that being said i'm a ProComp dealer but donot advertize (anywhere) I never buy a set of heads assembled for a customer, and always recommend that they have a rep. machine shop assy them, someone that can check the seats, and the valves for runout. I also donot sell them for racing only street motors.

Zip.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:02 PM
chrisr
MASTER BUILDER

Tod it is made by Jomar,it works great,to check the lash you only need to loosen the setscrew to that rocker.
Hey gungho, I said this on another post ( I believe the one about the same topic where you were calling people out and saying if they had no chute they weren't fast) but I don't know if you got it. Your profile doesn't say where you are from but if you are ever in Texas let me know and we can meet up at the track and have some fun(racing that is) I have a Camaro like the one you posted a pic of, good looking car, I would like to see what it will do. 8)
Old 09-07-2009, 09:11 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

I wouldn't replace a Briggs & Straton head with a ProComp.

And I have a parachute, required by rules, and use it when needed. :shock:
Old 09-08-2009, 04:06 AM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by chrisr
Hey gungho, I said this on another post ( I believe the one about the same topic where you were calling people out and saying if they had no chute they weren't fast) but I don't know if you got it. Your profile doesn't say where you are from but if you are ever in Texas let me know and we can meet up at the track and have some fun(racing that is) I have a Camaro like the one you posted a pic of, good looking car, I would like to see what it will do. 8)
Hey chrisr, Im sure you want to compare your 79 camaro to my 70 z28 thats pretty funny,sorry I'm in Ma. but I'm sure you are way faster,I have nothing nice,never have never will,your car I'm sure is the fastest in Texas
P.S. you need to move on...
Old 09-08-2009, 12:13 PM
chrisr
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by chrisr
Hey chrisr, Im sure you want to compare your 79 camaro to my 70 z28 thats pretty funny,sorry I'm in Ma. but I'm sure you are way faster,I have nothing nice,never have never will,your car I'm sure is the fastest in Texas
P.S. you need to move on...
Actually, mine is a 72 Camaro, the same body style as yours. I was posting this as a friendly post. If you where close to Texas I would have met up with you at a track and bullshitted and had some fun racing. Im Sorry you took it otherwise. And no mine is not the fastest in Texas, I lost once. :lol: :lol: Anyway have a nice day.
P.S. Why would I want to move on, Im not in your spot am I??