paypal

Old 01-13-2010, 01:46 PM
chevymike3504
SHOW GUEST

Default paypal

I recently tried to buy a 48 truck from a guy in mt. olive, nc. I sent him a 300 deposit through paypal. When i got there i found out the title didn't match the truck. I didn't buy it and he refused to return my money. Paypal sided with him. Reason: paypal never returns deposits no matter what the reason, even if its fraud, even if its a volkswagon and you went to buy a corvette. No matter what you lose your deposit. period. I didn't make this up it is what paypal told me.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:33 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Pay-Pal

ANOTHER Find REASON----------NOT to Use IT!
You Guys that Think its GREAT,Hopefully you Keep BOTH Hands on your CASH!
Later
G 8)
Old 01-14-2010, 05:32 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

You messed up putting deposit on it, if you'd of just put goods you'd of been fine.

I got hosed a few times from paypal from buyers who wanted the parts and their money both. I will use it to pay anytime I get a chance though, its to safe for the buyer.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:09 AM
chevymike3504
SHOW GUEST

hammer, did you read that I was the buyer??? Its not safe for the buyer
Old 01-17-2010, 05:42 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by chevymike3504
Did you read where you told paypal deposit ... thats a big NO NO .. the seller wins everytime on a deposit, think if you did it with cash do you think you'd of got your deposit back then also ?? NO ...

for normal parts ... paypal is the way to fly I just purchased a part on YB was nothing what he said, I had my money back within days
Old 01-17-2010, 06:10 AM
nvmyvettes
MASTER BUILDER

Mike, Your right pay pal doesnt return deposits unless the buyer and seller both agree. But they are other things you might try. You can call the sheriff in that town and explain that your a concerned citizen,and you know a guy that is tring to sell a car that the serial #s been possble switched. And suggest that the car may be stolen. Dont know about the laws in your state,but here if you sell a car you have 20 days to produce a title for that car.If you dont its a felony. Im sure switching Vin # is against the law to. Also post the guys name on the website you bought it off of or anywhere else you can post it.You can also reseach his name through search engines and investigative web sites. You might find something that will help you.I would do that before I called the sheriff. All this may muddy the water, and pressure him into a refund. Even if it doesnt,at least you can make it harder for him to sell.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:26 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

X2, there is a good case to apply presure here, I would thing that a wise man would gladly return deposit rather than having the attention of local law enforcement or the secretary of state in reguards to a bogus title! I wouldn't go away without a good fight!!
Old 01-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
Did you read where you told paypal deposit ... thats a big NO NO .. the seller wins everytime on a deposit, think if you did it with cash do you think you'd of got your deposit back then also ?? NO ...

for normal parts ... paypal is the way to fly I just purchased a part on YB was nothing what he said, I had my money back within days
What about his parts?Do you have to wait until he gets the parts back?
did you have to prove you returned them?
Old 01-17-2010, 11:46 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
Originally Posted by hammertime

What about his parts?Do you have to wait until he gets the parts back?
did you have to prove you returned them?
In every case I've been involved with paypal (very few but a few) if the buyer has sent the parts back no matter the buyer gets money back. I've been screwed by a few guys who got the parts and I proved via tracking they did and still they took the money and my parts.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:00 AM
steakandracingfuel
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

i dont know about that stste. but in TX it is a felony to sell a vehicle without having the correct title in hand. so i would call the local law enforcement and report him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -