nos question

Old 11-13-2007, 12:59 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Then it should make the boost you are looking for if still fresh enough on the rotors /tolerances...

my only other suggestion if you decided to stay with Carbs/Gas..either call BDS or Mert littlefield and get the proper CFM requirements your motor blower combo is asking for..there is a formula for this also ( in the bds catelog)....next be sure to have them (carbs) sent in for the proper blue printing so they will function properly as a blower carb..they (blower carbs) operate on a differnet signal than a standard motor carb...although a standard carb will work..it will not give the performance the engine/blower is capable of..( with injection you do not have to worrry about this its all in the main jet and nozzles)

if you get this carb deal worked out and stay with gas and increase your boost 4/5 lbs...then depending on what fuel your running now..you might have to go up in the octane rating....the VP C-16 (117 octane) is a good choice...all the way up to the VP import..(125 octane) ...both of these are gas..the c-16 is much more economical than the import...

see VP thread i posted below

http://www.vpracingfuels.com/index2.html

thanks- Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-13-2007, 02:31 PM
billhendren
MASTER BUILDER

I agree with bjuce, injector on alky would give you a huge increase.according to my boost calculator your running comp ratio @ 8.0-1 static and 16 lbs boost would be 17.8-1 Bill
Old 11-14-2007, 05:03 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

hey taps here is what a Alcohol injection done on my buddy Dannys BBC..oooh yeah its a backhalf 1979 honda with 10 inch tires..did i fail to mention 84 inch wheel base ??????....

if this doesn't convince i am all out of advise....lol

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mYzKNmi-F2I

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-15-2007, 01:29 PM
taps
JUNIOR BUILDER

VERY IMPRESSIVE !
Old 11-15-2007, 03:14 PM
us7race
EXPERT BUILDER

My buddy ran his all aluminum 400sbc with a 10-71 blower on Alky with injection bird catcher..flat-top pistons about 10-1 compression (I believe) and 22Lbs of boost..4.30's in his dragster..164MPH