T&D VS JESEL SHAFT ROCKERS SBC

Old 07-15-2008, 07:17 AM
dynaguy03
MASTER BUILDER

Default T&D VS JESEL SHAFT ROCKERS SBC

Ok.. im wondering if anyone can comment on the differences between T&D shaft rockers for SBC 23 degree heads .. vs Jesel Sportman shaft rocker setup.
This engine is being built now.. orig i was going to use Jesel sportsman setup .. but my builder called me to say he feels the T&D's "look" much better and the cost is very close.
So at this point im wondering are the T&D'S at least as good or better then the Jesel setup? Wanna be sure the builder isnt taking a shortcut.

thanks in advance.
Keith
Old 07-15-2008, 08:12 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: T&D VS JESEL SHAFT ROCKERS SBC

Originally Posted by dynaguy03
Ok.. im wondering if anyone can comment on the differences between T&D shaft rockers for SBC 23 degree heads .. vs Jesel Sportman shaft rocker setup.
This engine is being built now.. orig i was going to use Jesel sportsman setup .. but my builder called me to say he feels the T&D's "look" much better and the cost is very close.
So at this point im wondering are the T&D'S at least as good or better then the Jesel setup? Wanna be sure the builder isnt taking a shortcut.

thanks in advance.
Keith

Keith,
I've ran both setups and either or is as good as the other IMO. But also the T&D setup should be more money then the Jesel Sportsman Series for sure. Its been a few years sense I've ran the Sportsmans, but if I recall right the difference was that the rocker stands werent tighted together like the pro series. Either way it worked out good for me.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:01 AM
gimmemud
MASTER BUILDER

The T&D rockers are what I would recomend, get the full race version with spring oilers. What 23* heads are you putting them on? I have a good used set for Dart heads.

The T&D race series is cheaper than Jesel Race series, there is no comparison between the sportsman stuff and the race version which is called Pro Series I believe.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:10 PM
dynaguy03
MASTER BUILDER

Default thanks

Well ... im putting these on Canfeild heads... and thanks for the info..T&D is what im going to use. Looks like my engine guy is liking them better then the jesel sportsman series.. his claim is they arent that much more money ..rather have him work with what he likes cause if it goes south .. its all on him..plus these builders are like babies sometimes if they have to work with something they dont wanna work with.

thanks
Keith
Old 07-15-2008, 06:51 PM
et7333
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by gimmemud
The T&D rockers are what I would recomend, get the full race version with spring oilers. What 23* heads are you putting them on? I have a good used set for Dart heads.

The T&D race series is cheaper than Jesel Race series, there is no comparison between the sportsman stuff and the race version which is called Pro Series I believe.
How much for the t&d
Old 07-15-2008, 09:37 PM
cboggs
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Re: thanks

Originally Posted by dynaguy03
rather have him work with what he likes cause if it goes south .. its all on him..plus these builders are like babies sometimes if they have to work with something they dont wanna work with.

thanks
Keith
Wow, that's a nice thing to say about your engine builder, ..
In general builders have opinions about parts based on their experience
of what works and what is a better deal, .. it's what you actually pay them for.

Our shop uses and recomends T&D for all of our race heads, ..
nothing against Jessel, .. .. but the T&D service and price seem to
be a little better.

Curtis
Old 07-15-2008, 09:41 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

T&D Sportsmans like the Jesel Sportsmans are entry level but have a few differences.

T&D Sportsman has a larger diameter axle and roller bearings in the trunion.

Both use a splash through the pushrod hole upper end oiling, meaning similar to factory the oil splashes out and drips down.

The Jesel Professionals all of them, still use this same oiling system.

The T&D Proffessionals have a pressure fed oiling through the pushrods in to the rocker arm, from rocker arms through the trunion bearings and out the tip oiling the roller tip and for less than $20.00 will include spring oilers too. I love them.

Ed
Old 07-16-2008, 06:09 PM
dynaguy03
MASTER BUILDER

Curtis.. i wasnt meaning to offend.. but ive had a rough go with a builder who was less then honest. Now i have it at someone i belive is good and honest. We will see after my dyno session and how he supports his stuff after i leave the building.
Anyway... thanks for the T&D info.. They are already installed on the heads ..

Thanks
Keith