batterys

Old 05-15-2011, 01:02 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Many of the top brand batteries are made by U. S. battery. They just change the decals and casings for different brands. U.S. Battery has two plants here in Augusta, Ga.

95% of the time it's NOT the batteries fault. Undercharging, OVERCHARGING, bad ground / bad positive, or poor wiring in general or a bad starter is the reason the battery failed.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:40 PM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by wazup
I beleive that the warranty should start from the date of purchase and not from the day it was maid.
I agree. My experience has been if there is no other proof of purchase such as a receipt then they will use the date of manufacture for warranty purposes. One of the failed batteries I had was barely within the 2 year warranty period from the date I purchased it and I know the date of manufacture was older than that. I have been an Interstate dealer for over 20 years and the distributor I buy from apparently wants to keep me happy. When it comes right down to it if I sell a product that my supplier won't warranty I will take the loss and keep my customer happy but I won't have to worry about product from the source again.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:24 PM
hd1994
APPRENTICE

Default BATTERY

COULD ANYONE HELP THIS DUMB MAN ON BATTERY ISSUES I HAVE A 12 VOLT SYSTEM NOW DO I HAVE TO CHANGE EVERY THING IF I WANT TO GO TO 16 VOLTS AND DO THEY MAKE A 16 VOLT ALT WATER PUMP OR CAN I JUST CHANGE THE BATTERY EVERYTHING CAN STAY THE SAME
Old 06-05-2011, 05:09 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: BATTERY

Originally Posted by hd1994
COULD ANYONE HELP THIS DUMB MAN ON BATTERY ISSUES I HAVE A 12 VOLT SYSTEM NOW DO I HAVE TO CHANGE EVERY THING IF I WANT TO GO TO 16 VOLTS AND DO THEY MAKE A 16 VOLT ALT WATER PUMP OR CAN I JUST CHANGE THE BATTERY EVERYTHING CAN STAY THE SAME
Just change the battery. 16 volt WILL make everything turn a little faster, but it will be ok. It'll wake up your fan and it really wakes up your starter. Yes, they do make a 16 volt alt.
NO WAY WOULD I EVER GO BACK TO 12 VOLTS. (Well, unless she was really rich. lol)
Old 06-05-2011, 10:32 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Most everything will handle 16v, not everything will handle 16v with a good alt .. typically 18.5v that way.

If you do switch to 16v make sure you dont use your 12v alt
Old 06-05-2011, 05:26 PM
hd1994
APPRENTICE

Default BATTERY

THANKS DAVID AND A THANKS TO YOU RABBIT IM JUST GOING TO CHANGE THE BATTERY TO 16 VOLTS HOPE IT WONT HURT FUEL PUMP THANKS GUYS :?: :?: :?: :?: :roll:
Old 06-06-2011, 04:09 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Fuel pump will be fine.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:25 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

THANKS DAVID AND A THANKS TO YOU RABBIT IM JUST GOING TO CHANGE THE BATTERY TO 16 VOLTS HOPE IT WONT HURT FUEL PUMP THANKS GUYS :?: :?: :?: :?: :roll:
It want hurt it, BUT MAKE SURE TO RE-CHECK THE FUEL PRESSURE.