delay box

Old 06-07-2009, 04:18 AM
camarotale
CRAFTSMAN

Default delay box

looking to buy a delay box and some say cross over and cross talk.
what is the difference
Old 06-07-2009, 07:54 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

On crossover, if your opponent is slower his top light will come on first and so on for the rest of the amber bulbs. On Crosstalk both top lights come on at the same time, then when its time the other amber come on just as the crossover mode. Now racing crossover mode and your the faster car, after you put in both dial-ins. You would have to look at you opponents top light on his side of the tree. If you running atrack with crosstalk mode and you where the faster car, after you put in both dial-ins, You would leave off your top bulb on your side of the tree. If your buying a delay box get the one with crosstalk it will work with both, and since most tracks are going to crosstalk mode. I like the Pro cube the best, but they're all pretty good anymore.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:46 AM
camarotale
CRAFTSMAN

Default cross talk

thanks much, even the tech at jegs said they are the same, but I asked why they list them seperate, he didnt know , what you say makes sense to me thanks again, Eric
Old 06-07-2009, 11:02 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I just learned something.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:30 AM
sc4405
JUNIOR BUILDER

My Dedenbear CC-3 does all the things mentioned above, you can change from Pro tree setting to bracket (full) tree setting with one button, and it has crossover compensation to take some time out of your delay (usually .015) for leaving off your opposnent's bulb. Most of the better boxes have all these features - of course only the Dedenbear will run the electric dial-in board without a seperate controller. 8) JB
Old 06-07-2009, 01:11 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Yeh but you have to have a 26" cage to have a dash wide enough to mount the CC3. lol. No my favorite delay box was a CC3 when I had a doorcar. There's just no way I can get one in my dash of my dragster.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:21 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I sell the K&R pro cube and have used them for the last 8 years and iv tried a lot of the boxes and i like the pro cube better than anything out there and the new Z-Force box in killer that is a nice option.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:05 AM
3dracing
MASTER BUILDER

I use a Dedenbear Lightning in my daughters dragster and it does everything including the dial board driver. If your track has cross-talk you don't need the cross comp but it isin there for non cross-talk tracks. The Lightning is a lot smaller than a Command Center where space is an issue.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:03 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

I agree 3dracing, but it your a faster car and are having to put in slower cars numbers the lightning does have a key board, which means you have to scroll. If your raced a 12.00 second car then had to run a 8.50 car it takes a while to scoll that far, not only that but the scoll numbers start to fly when you changing that much. The lightning has is good points, but I wouldn't run it if your going to be the faster car more often than not. IMO the simpler the better.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:04 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Most tracks here that had crosstalk have sense went away from it and the ones that do I still hit the other side of the tree just like I would crossover.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -