another paypal scammer

Old 05-13-2014, 01:39 PM
dragracer808
SHOW GUEST

Yep, Thomas Bill just texted, saying he didn't have a problem with my price, (who doesn't try to talk you down at least a little!?) and he would arrange to have his mover pick it up, and that the only way he purchases things is through "paypal, the only trusted payment site..." and that he just needed my FULL name and email address so he can send me the payment! I just texted him that I only send payment requests to the buyer's email address, and that names are not needed! Thanks for the heads up! This one was from 434-922-0224, Buena Vista, Virginia. If these scumbags put half as much work into a legit job, they'd do quite well! But that would involve "real" work, wouldn't it? Thanks again!
Old 05-13-2014, 01:40 PM
dragracer808
SHOW GUEST

Oh yeah, that's right, he's getting this for his cousin, its a surprise!
Old 05-13-2014, 05:53 PM
JimAdams
SHOW GUEST

He hit me today, same story, same number. His English is bad that was the first clue, his name is backwards second clue, no history on the internet, who buys a car especially a race car without hearing it first, who pays full price? I guess they think we are stupid.

Also I sent the 'bonified' emails he sent me, that appeared to be from PayPal to the real PayPal. I also called them and informed them that fraud was about to be committed before the emails arrived. Actually the charges are huge; interstate fraud, wire fraud, all felony's. I am sure the wire number or however it is done is out of this country.

Last edited by JimAdams; 05-13-2014 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Added I sent his email to paypal
Old 05-14-2014, 12:33 PM
bestprice1
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by GARYTAVS View Post
I have had the same thing a guy is texting me from 318 504 0670 telling me he likes the car and wants to get my pay pal info I wonder what they could do with it if they got my pay pal?
He keeps sending texts send me paypal info so I can send funds I say call me like a normal person and talk to me. So he kept up with asking for pay pal info so I said how much money are you sending me. and he then said I will call you when I do push 03 on the phone when you answer it. It is some kind of google account phone when I called it back it said a google account that needs to be set up. I was not pushing any numbers to give them any info.
WHAT A BUNCH OF BULL SHIRT WHY DO THERE HAVE TO BE SO MANY PEOPLE TO SCREW UP EVERYTHING UP FOR THE PEOPLE TRYING TO WORK AND MAKE A LIVING.
This has happened a bunch of times off of RJ in the last month or so
There is also another scam where people from the caribbean call and hang up, then when you call the number back, the phone company automatically charges a fee to your account for an "international call"...Be careful not to push "03" for anyone....
Old 09-03-2014, 09:17 AM
tgracing4
SHOW GUEST

Just got texted by a guy claiming to be John Menser. Number was (914) 268-4770 (New York). Called it and it was a free texting service that he was using. Guess it was some kind of paypal scam, he had specifically asked if i was a verified paypal user and asked for my "paypal email" so he could transfer payment.

When I asked him if he races will David Aiken and Thomas Bill, he told me that he worked in NY and raced in CA when he was "on holiday"...