I wouldn't buy from gorilla1 if i were you

Old 02-12-2012, 06:12 PM
gto65racer
SHOW GUEST

Default I wouldn't buy from gorilla1 if i were you

gorilla1 had an Edelbrock SY1 manifold listed for sale (http://www.racingjunk.com/Intake/240...mokey-ram.html) I bought it as it was advertised as perfect condition. I gave him $600 shipped because I wanted a perfect manifold.

When i received it is was far from perfect. The first thing i noticed is that it was missing the water neck that was pictured with it, no big deal. Then I removed the top cover and found poorly cut pieces of sheet metal screwed in the runners of the manifold. I know why they are there (fuel puddling), I had another SY1 manifold that I sold (for $300) to buy this one. I sold my other one because I wanted one that did not have rib's epoxied in (like mine did). I also dont think that it is a good idea to have machine screws in the intake runners.

I contacted the seller (gorilla1), and told him about my concerns. He messaged me back and told me to "just send the damn thing back". At this point I have already sold my other SY1 and need the manifold. So I emailed him back and explained that I was more than willing to pay $600 for a "perfect" SY1 manifold, but I would not pay that much for this one. I asked him to simply refund me $100 and I would have the manifold fixed (weld the screw holes).

Well I have not heard back from him and it has been 5 days now.

I would just warn you that I wouldn't take his word that something is perfect. Obviously he has a different idea of perfect.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:11 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I sent him a message let's see if he respond's :!: :!:

Mark
Old 02-12-2012, 08:33 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

I think that your offer to keep the manifold for a $100 refund was very reasonable and cooperative on your part.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:16 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Here is his responce to me :!: :!:

sent | trash ]

gorilla1

To:

mopar1968

Date:

2012-02-13 17:09:00

Subject:

Re: Edelbrock SY1 - Smokey ram

Re:

Ad #2400477 - Edelbrock SY1 - Smokey ram

Thanks for the headsup. Never had a problem till now. Sold an absolutely perfect manifold, came down on the price and shipped it on my dime. It had a little piece of metal screwed in the plenum, must have been for better flow. Guy said I was dishonest, I offered him his money back and he refused. He wants $100 back from me for a 1/8" hole in the plenum that doesn't affect anything and can't be seen. I'd be a bit aprehensive about dealing with the guy, he wants the world from you. Thanks again, Mike

On [2012-02-12 23:10:34] mopar1968 wrote:
> You are listed as a scammer in the forum section! You might want to answer it. This could hurt your future sales.

Mark
Old 02-13-2012, 11:29 PM
nopro
CRAFTSMAN

good thing it didnt have a scratch on the outside
Old 02-14-2012, 06:43 AM
gto65racer
SHOW GUEST

I paid him $600 shipped for the manifold. He had was asking for $600 (http://www.racingjunk.com/Intake/240...mokey-ram.html). Only thing I got from him was $16 in shipping.

And it was 3 pieces of metal screwed in to the plenum with 6 screws. I paid $600 for a perfect manifold that wasnt perfect. It should have been a $400 manifold not $600. Look on ebay a guy just tried to sell one that had correct epoxied runners and he couldn't sell it.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:23 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

That looks cheezy!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 02-14-2012, 04:24 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mopar1968
Here is his responce to me :!: :!:

sent | trash ]

gorilla1

To:

mopar1968

Date:

2012-02-13 17:09:00

Subject:

Re: Edelbrock SY1 - Smokey ram

Re:

Ad #2400477 - Edelbrock SY1 - Smokey ram

Thanks for the headsup. Never had a problem till now. Sold an absolutely perfect manifold, came down on the price and shipped it on my dime. It had a little piece of metal screwed in the plenum, must have been for better flow. Guy said I was dishonest, I offered him his money back and he refused. He wants $100 back from me for a 1/8" hole in the plenum that doesn't affect anything and can't be seen. I'd be a bit aprehensive about dealing with the guy, he wants the world from you. Thanks again, Mike

On [2012-02-12 23:10:34] mopar1968 wrote:
> You are listed as a scammer in the forum section! You might want to answer it. This could hurt your future sales.

Mark
DID THE GUY OFFER YOU YOUR MONEY BACK?????

IF SO AND YOU REFUSED IT THEN IN MY OPINION YOU HAVE NOT ONE THING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT !!! ops:

IF HE DID NOT THEN THAT IS A DIFFERENT STORY THEN YOU ARE PRESENTING HERE ON THE FORUM :? :shock:
Old 02-14-2012, 08:36 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Just my two cents. I am not going to remark anymore on the money/business portion of this deal because,honestly,it's none of my business. I will say that any manifold that has been modified should be advertised as such.But,those pieces of metal MAY have proven to be very beneficial to the operating of that manifold. I am not a big fan of screws inside an intake either. Are those pieces of metal aluminum? If so,instead of paying a welder to fill those holes,i would consider having those pieces welded in place permanently. Just a thought. Good luck.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:46 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

The very easy fix would be to pull the metal and the screws out and replace the screws with short set screws locktited in. The manifold will then work as cast and the only person that will know will be the person who installed the manifold.

Just my 2 cents.

Zip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -