How fast?

Old 12-29-2009, 11:39 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: How fast?

Originally Posted by whitey70ss
The reason I ask this question is because I have the interior out and if this combo is gonna put me faster than 11.49 I'm gonna need a cage. No better time than now.

454 .30 over
10.2 to 1 comp
cam is 242-248 602-602 112LS hyd. roller
patriot heads 320cc runners, comp valve job ferea valves
1.7 roller rockers
edelbrock victor jr
Holley 950HP

4speed muncie 2.54 1st gear
12 bolt 4.11's
26x10x15 slick
All this in a full interior bench seat 70 chevelle.
IMO< yes.

Putting a cage in is always a good idea anyway.

Go ahead and do it, if your anything like most of us racingjunkies and I think you are, your gonna be making it faster down the line so why prolong the ineviatble?

Cp
Old 12-30-2009, 10:38 AM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

yep your correct tod74, but you forgot all the other defensive posts from gungho!
That is not a fair statement,I did indeed defend the performance of the item that I bought and paid for,you told me to"BUY AMERICAN",than you turn around and do the same thing???it looks like you were jumping on the bashing bandwagon before you thought about yourself,now you go out and buy imported junk and it's o.k. now? Hello pot ,this is kettle,come in....Again how fair is that?If speaking up for what I know,and have track tested,where is the crime?I do dislike when the internet bashing occurs on anything that has"I heard" or "my Machinist" or "A guy I know" is in the statement.I didn't mean to offend anyone here,but thought it to be funny that it was bad for me but o.k. for you to buy,is that how you really feel?P.S. you will indeed break that muncie and that 12 bolt with a big block riding on slicks with a good track prep.JMO.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:45 AM
whitey70ss
MASTER BUILDER

I guess I'm eatin crow pie for this! But I guess If you want to go fast and your income is a 1/3 of what it was 6 months ago you do what you got to. I'm not proud to say I have these heads, heck I even asked the machinist if we could mill the patriot off the front of the heads! I will say for the money they dont look bad, but looks and performance are another thing!
Old 12-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

yep your correct tod74, but you forgot all the other defensive posts from gungho!
I just put the link up for those that didn't see that thread....if you didn't know about that you might not see the humor in his comments.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:11 PM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

I guess I'm eatin crow pie for this! But I guess If you want to go fast and your income is a 1/3 of what it was 6 months ago you do what you got to. I'm not proud to say I have these heads, heck I even asked the machinist if we could mill the patriot off the front of the heads! I will say for the money they dont look bad, but looks and performance are another thing!
Well that is my point,why would you put down another mans belongings if you do not even know them?maybe I also have less money coming in now,I guess I just get offended when someone puts down another mans things,sorry but its my pet peeve.I was brought up to never say anything derogatory to someone..and if you read into all of my posts on this,all I did was defend a product that I,me have personally track tested,and trust me,I have a good chunk of change into my heads,the reason I did it,was for that exact reason to have "brand X" for everyone to see ,and think less of the performance so I could have more fun with it,no harm no foul.. :wink:
Old 12-30-2009, 03:17 PM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

dang sure sound good.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:29 PM
whitey70ss
MASTER BUILDER

So since we got that out of the way any one got a number on my combo?? :lol:
Old 12-30-2009, 04:33 PM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

High eleven.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:50 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by gungho
High eleven.
I agree...maybe low 12's because of the gear in the back...that car is heavy I'd run a 4.56 anyway..jmo
Old 12-30-2009, 05:34 PM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

Yes I concur,but I was saying at best,with good weather and all dialed,but more like a mid twelve to start with.that would be just my guess,of course there are a lot of variables,I would go with the biggest cam the heads will allow if I were running a four speed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -