retired mechanic is going racin'!!!!!!!

Old 06-02-2010, 11:54 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by suicidebomb
I staged one time, and after I pushed the tranny brake button, I wooded it, and promptly backed up 30 feet in a big hurry....I was very surprised!!

An Altered, will back up very quickly, at full throttle.
LOL< Now Earl, why dont you tell us about your delay box incident? :lol: :lol:

Cp
Old 06-03-2010, 12:00 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by doorracer
I think no one is immune to doing things like that. Saturday I made myself look like I have never been to a race ever. First round the guy I'm racing doesn't have his dial on the car, tinted windows. No-E. He just shows it to the tower as he pulls toward the water. We have dial boards before the tree so no big deal. As we pull into the water they shut us and the people on the line off for something on the track. Down 60 seconds, no big deal. The pair in front leave, we do our burn outs, pull to the line, stage, CRAP I forgot to look at who is leaving first. I look up at the finish boards qwickly, back down and see BRIGHT yellow. .092 :shock: :shock: on the tree.

Ok, not going to do that again. Buy back, round 2 I'm .013 on the tree, she is .088 I look, I look, I look, is she broke?, not going to get there? I lift. Dang it there she is, she comes around me and I give here the stripe by .02, 2 freakin' hundredths. Might as well have just lifted at the 1/8 and said here you go. LOL Oh well had a blast.

Two more ways I can lose marked off the list. :lol: :lol: This weekend will be different. No doubts about it. LOL

Curtis
Oh the joys of Bracket racing.
Dont kick yourself too much dooracer, I cut a 636 light in the 5th round saturday night (footbraking) I could of been in the 4 car split in the next round and took home $325 but NOOOO, somebody couldnt cut a light to save his life, and you know what the funny thing is?

I thought I killed the tree :shock: ....lol

Cp
Old 06-03-2010, 11:19 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Dont' feel bad. I drove 600+ miles (1 way) and looked like an idiot this weekend. You would have thought it was my first race. I also locked my keys in the trailer, had to cut the hinge, then Sat night the guy I was racing backed into me in the pits, busted my fan and ended my weekend early. It was a long ride home.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:42 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Dont' feel bad. I drove 600+ miles (1 way) and looked like an idiot this weekend. You would have thought it was my first race. I also locked my keys in the trailer, had to cut the hinge, then Sat night the guy I was racing backed into me in the pits, busted my fan and ended my weekend early. It was a long ride home.
Jesussssss, Babbit, can you spell TRAIN WRECK, doesn't sound like a fun weekend

Zip.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by cepx111
I staged one time, and after I pushed the tranny brake button, I wooded it, and promptly backed up 30 feet in a big hurry....I was very surprised!!

An Altered, will back up very quickly, at full throttle.
LOL< Now Earl, why dont you tell us about your delay box incident? :lol: :lol:

Cp
I would like to hear this one.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:53 AM
JEFF69Z28
DYNO OPERATOR

Tod, I don't know if this helps any, but a quarter mile, is about twice as far.
LMAO...
Old 06-04-2010, 05:48 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

A few weeks back, 1st round, I dialed 8.70 and my opponent had dialed 10.10 or so. We have crosstalk, so I was all set up to hit the top and second yellow just in case. I rarely take the second hit unless I feel really late. Prestaged and my idle speed started dropping. Feathered the throttle and all seemed fine. Started rolling in and idle dropped again just before I staged. Tagged the button and matted the pedal, came up fine. Top bulb lit and I'm sittin there thinking "look at the pretty yellow light".......then I completely lost my mind! Instead of retagging the button and waiting for the second yellow, I'm looking around the cockpit thinking "WHAT DO I DO!! WHAT DO I DO!!" I was looking around so much my wife thought I was on fire.......needless to say, I was dead late and lost.

Bought back and won the race, but I must say I've never gone that braindead in a racecar before.....
Johnny
Old 06-04-2010, 06:58 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

It is AMAZING how you can get so totally focused that you totally focus OUT ! **BINK**
:shock: :shock: :shock:
ops: ops: ops: ops: ops: ops: ops: ops:
:roll: :roll: :roll:
"I'm okay. It's cool. I'm cool" 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Old 06-04-2010, 08:01 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

So true! It was way funny though. I was laughing at myself all the way down the return road :lol:
Old 06-05-2010, 09:02 AM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default 383 info for you

That vega should fly, I do not like the short wheel base ,but it will be a fun ride.
I had a 435 HP 383 (SBC) solid roller, very good steel GM heads,750 DP holley, approx 10.2 to 1 in a 3500 lb 70 chevelle 4;10 gear (12 bolt) T 350 with good inners, never hurt it,never hicked up, always started, street drove it. Very fine combo that went 12:20 off the trailer. First time I had raced since 1980. I got the car to run high 11's consistantly, two things I would have changed.
1. I needed a higher stall,(I had a tight 2500) needed a 3500+
2. As long as you do not mind the maintanance and wear and tear on the valve train (and cost) the solid roller is ok....but you may think about a hydralic cam, they are better than they used to be. You give up some performance and sound and 10:50 is an agreesive ET ???your call, that is part of the fun
Just as a note that 70 Chevelle has evolved into a very fast street car , check out my racing profile, if interested
Hey good luck ,stay strait and fast and safe,
there is no better fun in the world
Jeff m

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -