DELETE
Old 11-28-2007, 01:37 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Name change folks BEWARE

New Name PKYSPDSHOP

Just to show you this guy has more faces then a pail of smelts

Ole Steve is up to his same ole tricks,he keeps running but he can't seem to hide,but he keeps taking the honest mans money and nothing done about it

Some one needs to make Steve pay restitution to these folks he has stolen from

PORKY'S SPEED
#3 RTE 34N
COLTS NECK, NEW JERSEY 07722
732-425-3314

Steve (Porkey) Ramage
Old 11-29-2007, 08:14 AM
Gimmethakick
SENIOR BUILDER

Then why hasn't he been removed since you know this about him? Not trying to get something started but why warn us when if you can get rid of him then we wouldn't need the warning.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:36 AM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I can't answer that,I'd imagine there are legal issues involved on RJ's end

We just run the forum here and try to help people,We the guys here have nothing to do with Racing Junk on there end,

The forum here is just another part RJ has provided for us,The Admin and Mods here are here to keep the forum going,nothing to do with Racing Junk what so ever.

In the past the forum was pretty much a free for all and alot of people left here as there was no moderation.

We are here to help any with questions or needs for info,and if we can't give what you'll need for answers call Racing Junk and maybe they can explain to you what you'll need in aspects to why they know of a person selling on here they just can't stop or ban anyone without legal documentation,and for the time I have been here,I haven't ever seen any of that sort,just alot of complaints.

All I can say is there is legal issues,if you need more explanation call and find out.

All we do is try to help others here,thats it,No affilation with RJ what so ever.

We are here for you folks,not the scammers,but to find out if you are going to be scammed,your just going to have to do your home work here,Before you send your money,Not after.

Read the forum it could save you greif and lost money,Get a second or third opinion folks,
And don't buy some thing because it is a good deal,there is a reason its a good deal

If the deal looks too good to be true,It probaly is
Old 11-29-2007, 11:00 AM
Gimmethakick
SENIOR BUILDER

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Maybe you could make some suggestions to the upper brass for us then because you obviously have more clout than we do. Thanks, Wayne
Old 11-29-2007, 03:38 PM
sc646n
SHOW GUEST

Default Steve Ramage spdmerchant

You Know, I seemed to have opened a can of worms here and didnt intend on doing so. Maybe I have a hard time expressing compliments or dont use the proper words but bashing Steve was not my intent. If you read my inital forum closely you would have noted that I stated that "I was happy" that steve had made a attempt at restitution. Steve has provided me with what I ask for. It may not be $8500.00 worth but it is what I ask for. He could have never contacted me and I would have nothing, but he was man enough to stand up and work out his differences with me. There are a lot of people out there that would not go that far. I have learned something through this and that is that its best for me to keep my mouth shut if I dont have anything good to say about someone. I also learned that there are a lot of people out there with nothing better to do with there life than to set around and read forums and join in on what they interpret to be a bashing.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:24 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

To: sc646n

I want to show you the very first post you ever made on RJ and then you tell me you were not bashing Steve...You will never convince me you were not..The proof is in the post (read below)...So before you go stepping on anyones tail look at your own words and they are alot stronger than any in this thread.....Also if you think people have nothing better to do than sit around reading forums I would ask this of you, "Isn't that why you posted this"...

sc646n
SHOW GUEST

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:58 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this Steve Ramage the same A$$H@L# that represented himself as R&S Competition Machine in West Babaloon NY.? A couple of years ago he addvertised a 582ci race motor on Race Junk under the name of speed merchant. I talked with him and he told me this was a engine with very low runs that he had removed from his 10.5 Camaro to replace it with a larger motor. He stated that he had freshened it with new rods, pistons and ect. He stated that the motor was as new! When I ask him who did the work he stated that he was a race engine builder and give me a bunch of names of racers he did work for. He also stated he was good friends with Scott Shafiroff and when needed did work for him. We come to a price of $8500.00 and the engine was to be shipped right after recieving my money. 1st thing that happened was it took almost 2 months to get the motor. I called him almost every day and he always had some sort of excuse as to why it was not his fault. I did realize that he was on the East Coast and I was on the West Coast but not 2 months. I expected about 2 weeks at least. When I did get the motor I put it in my dragster right away for a race that weekend. When I was filling the car with water I noted that it seemed to never get full. When I checked the oil I found the oil full of water. I removed the engine and after removing the intake found a hole in the block in the lifter valley. I called Steve and he said this was something they had missed but told me that if I shipped the motor back to them at my expence they would plug this hole. I plugged it myself due to the expense of shipping. Next I put the motor back in the car and started it. At start up it shook so bad that I shut it off for fear of shaking the car apart. Again I contacted Steve and he told me to check the dampner to make sure they had put a internally balanced dampner on it and to also check that I had used the proper flex plate. I did all this and missed my race.(I was #3 in points) I contacted him and again was told that I could ship the motor back to him but due to back log of work he could not promise I would have the motor back to finish the season. Instead I took the engine to a local engine builder Eastco Machine and they disassembled it to find that the engine had not been balanced, The new rods were used, the new pistons were used with cracks in the skirts and the block had a crack in the #4 main that some onr had tryed to weld up. I was told that the motor look like someone had swept the shop floor and used all the garbage to build a motor. I called steve with the findings and faxed him a copy of Eastco Machines report. I called him back after giving him a chance to look the report over and he said he owed me some money for the motor and all my trouble. Needless to say that money never came and when I tryed to contact hin again the phone number was no good. I called Shafiroff and Scott told me that in fact he was a friend of Steves and was even his best man at his wedding but would no never do busness with him. Anyway this is my sob story about the CROOK. Does anyone out in www land have his phone number or address? Im sure I will never get any thing back from him but would take great pride in some how making his life pure HELL!!!!! By the way, Due to him I ended up 32nd in Div. 6 points that year. You can contact me direct at [email protected]
Old 11-30-2007, 09:33 AM
sc646n
SHOW GUEST

Default Steve Ramage

To lotsof454sss
Your right. As a victom I was pissed off and after learning about this form I used it to bash Steve. I must have done a damn good job of it to as that one and only entry worked and Steve stepped up and contacted me with a offer of resetution. That entry on RJ forum was my first ever entry and my last two entrys were simply to let you people in www land know that Steve has settled any debt to me. If anyone else out there in RJ forum has issues with Steve I am sorry but I am satisfied with my settlement with Steve. I do wish Steve good luck and as I said before, only time will tell. I did try to remove that first post from RJ forum but could not find a way to do this. Maybe someone out there can explain how this is done as I am ready to let the issue die.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:50 PM
blaserman
JOURNEYMAN

Default Porkey's

He has a block on RacingJunk for sale right now a Tall deck.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:23 PM
ute351
JOURNEYMAN

Default steve ramage speedmerchent i wont my motor "or money

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -