Why is everybody setting there Gallery pics to private ??

Old 08-08-2010, 09:36 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

X2
Old 08-08-2010, 10:11 AM
ghustler
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by Scorpion1110
Originally Posted by ghustler
Yes the private pics you can only see if your their friend SUX.
Im not here to be friends with anyone , Im here to buy or sell car stuff.
Also these guys who post their naked whore girlfriends is what makes this whole site about cars start to look less and less appealing to buyers or sellers, I know I have talked to several people who used to watch this site and have stopped because its sliding away from cars.
Let me ask you a question- suppose instead of a naked wh*re girlfriend you post a picture of your lovely daughter whom you are extremely proud of. Perhaps of your family togther having a great time. Do you want Mike2124 or Littlerod going in and grabbing a pic of her?

Just really curious-

The reason there is a racespace is so you can keep in touch with friends as well as trading parts.

If you are just here for car stuff- dont worry about the profiles being private- email the seller for pics.

RJ is handling this correctly.

Scorp
what makes a person post pics of their family on this site in the first place?
Isn't about selling or buying car part not a family reunion.
Its too inconvenient to ask to have the pics sent when all you should have to do is go to the race space and see the pics without waiting for a reply sometime down the road after I have moved on to buying someone else's parts.
All this site is doing is trying to make a "facebook" on here and thats why all the sites unrelated pics are on here.
i see this site dropping under ground level soon if it keeps up and Racejunk keeps taking away options for people to use unles they pay.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:59 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

but--that gets back to my point---YOU YOURSELF NOT RJ SHOULD SET YOUR GALLERY TO PRIVATE IF YOUR FEEL INVADED -- I LIKE LOOKING AT OTHER MEMBERS GALLERIES[IF IT GETS TOO RAW I STOP] AND DON'T MIND THEM LOOKING AT MINE[IF IT BOTHERS ME I WILL STOP IT :?

]The reason there is a racespace is so you can keep in touch with friends as well as trading parts=======SORRY SCORP--BUT EVEN RACESPACE IS SET TO PRIVATE BY RJ
Old 08-08-2010, 12:16 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

You sound like the typical used car salesman that only wants the dollar! I have made a handful of friends through playing with my toys......You should try it.
I will agree however, the need for the "slutty" pics are not necessary in my opinion. Having said that, I have to say..........I have never been in a shop/garage that didn't have a calendar girl pinned up somewhere in the shop......Like baseball and apple pie,,,hotrods and pretty women.

Also these guys who post their naked whore girlfriends is what makes this whole site about cars start to look less and less appealing to buyers or sellers, I know I have talked to several people who used to watch this site and have stopped because its sliding away from cars.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:57 AM
PJ
CRAFTSMAN

Default Re: profile pics

I understand where everyone is coming from on this issue, but the biggest complaint on this topic is about having to see someones ad images in their profiles and having to be a friend before that to see an ad image. And we agree that this is a complete pain and should never have to be asked, but that is what the ad images are for, not the profile images.

Before RaceSpace all we had was the classifieds, there was no other place to put an image of an item, unless you had some photo bucket link you were putting in your ads and then had to have people go to another web site and look through images.

The ad images should be in the ad and not in the profiles. If you were just looking for images to the ad, and you do not see them in the ad, normally you would have to ask that person to email you the images.

Along comes the RaceSpace profiles and we allow people to show others a little more about themselves, put up pictures of family, the cars they are working on, the highlights of their lives. Personal images, that comes with a different set of privacy rules. A set of rules that states you need to be a friend of the person first before you can see the personal images.

Then users come along and post ad images in the profiles and not in their ads, completely not what was intended.
Ad images = in the ad.
Personal images = in the profile.

However a user brought this to our attention that non-friends can see personal images, a glitch in the programming allowed this. It was fixed and now users who were posting ad images in the profiles were upset that people could not see their ad images, and users (like most of you here) were upset to have to jump through a hoop to see the ad images. We could not agree with you more, ad images should be posted in the ad.

We are not forcing people to be friends, if you find a users telling people to go to the profile to see ad images, ask them to post it in the ad, and then there is no problem, it is just like before when no image was posted in the ad, and you had to ask for photos to be emailed to you.

The profiles are to get to know someone so you feel more confident in the buying process, that was the reason for the profiles in the first place, not to post images of any ad. That's what the ads are for.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Let me ask you a question- suppose instead of a naked wh*re girlfriend you post a picture of your lovely daughter whom you are extremely proud of. Perhaps of your family togther having a great time. Do you want Mike2124 or Littlerod going in and grabbing a pic of her?

Just really curious-

The reason there is a racespace is so you can keep in touch with friends as well as trading parts.

If you are just here for car stuff- dont worry about the profiles being private- email the seller for pics.

Scorp
Its too inconvenient to ask to have the pics sent when all you should have to do is go to the race space and see the pics without waiting for a reply sometime down the road after I have moved on to buying someone else's parts.
All this site is doing is trying to make a "facebook" on here and thats why all the sites unrelated pics are on here.
i see this site dropping under ground level soon if it keeps up and Racejunk keeps taking away options for people to use unles they pay.
I have pics of my family, past and present cars, friends, my house, etc...
To me this is a "family reunion", I have a lot of guys on here that I consider family or my brothers and would go out of my way to help them if they asked. I want people to know who I am, my profile is all filled out and very detailed. Why you ask? So whomever I deal with on a sale, trade, or purchase knows exactly whom they are dealing with, just not some 'hustler" looking to rip them off :!:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 08-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I actually like the profiles with whore girlfriend pics ... :?
Old 08-26-2010, 03:24 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Just really curious-

Scorp

hustler remember that is only your opinion...nothing more or less...with all the complaints, bitching and moaning with all the folks i read over the years saying RJ is heading down hill....doesn't hold Water...NEVER HAS HELD WATER.....
Fact is the site gets better and better each day,month,year.

Rj is not trying to become facebook but stepping up and staying Modern...trust me i been on here over 8 yrs and saw many changes....it HAD TO change with the times.

and what really cracks me up when i read people huffing and puffing about RJ and threaten to leave etc (MOST OF THE TIME ITS EVEN BEFORE THE PERSON DOING THE BITCHIN HAS ALL THE FACTS)...then i see the same person signed back in as "Hidden status" days later....LOL

Let me say (IMO ) PJ is a whole hell of a lot more tolerant than i would be with some of the Chit posted on here the last few months. that not only critized the site but tried to aim at him personally.

I have never not known PJ not handle any situation if someone would pick up the phone and call him...most of the Time he can handle it with a pm.

Thanks again PJ for RJ and being the dude you are !!!!

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-26-2010, 03:44 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

The only thing about this is just like a friend request i just got, so-n-so want's to be your friend, you either have to approve or not you can't see whom you are approving untill after you do :!: :!:
Old 08-26-2010, 03:50 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mopar1968
The only thing about this is just like a friend request i just got, so-n-so want's to be your friend, you either have to approve or not you can't see whom you are approving untill after you do :!: :!:

I have an issue with that also Mark..before I was selective approving the person requesting to be my friend...Me approving them depended on what type of Pic's ,statements they had in their profile....now i just don't approve anyone unless i know them on the forum etc...

again sign of the times

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -