Rrf

Old 05-21-2018, 12:58 PM
RRF
SHOW GUEST

Default Rrf

Looking for Advice on a towing package-
I have been out of racing for a good bit. I now have a good size family and it’s not where I used to be single where a dually and a trailer would work. I have a 38ft ATC all aluminum trailer with a lift. It will have one Race car in it most of the time and sometimes will carry two with a classic show car. We prefer to not buy a Toter due to price differential and how used they seem to be compared to a motor home that is newer. Due to having several kids, we won’t go racing a a lot but would also like to also go camping. My question is, given that I have a lighter trailer being all aluminum,and I also have a trailer toad to reduce toungue weight. I’m wondering now that the class C or super C’s have higher HP motors, would be a wise option or are there any folks doing something similar?
If the class A Diesel motorhome is still the best choice- I’ve heard different opinions on those and would like to hear from folks that have “been there, done that so to speak”

-I’ve heard, don’t get one with a radiator in the back as the frames are better with the side mount radiators?
-I’ve also been told radiators on the side over heat when pulling and that back mount radiators are fine if you have a solid chassis. Opinions?
-I’ve heard that 300-350 HP will work and I’ve been told to not get anything below a 400HP motor.opinions?
-I’ve been told to get a tri Axle with a motor home but also been told one is not needed with a trailer toad.This made me wonder is a Super C would work with my trailer and toad. Opinions?
-my Last question- is there a rule that if your trailer is 38ft that the coach or a unit pulling the trailer has to be 38ft or greater if it is a motor coach? I know a super c or c class with a 350HP Engine will be less feet then 38ft. Trying to prevent as much overall length as possible if I can. Opinions here?

My apologies for the long detail. We will not be buying anything new but even at used, I need to make sure we are measuring twice and cutting once. Appreciate any feedback.