So far this year

Old 04-29-2013, 05:15 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
but wanted ya to know we rootin for ya . I had it done at 21 and it hurt like Hell. Sorry rabbit. You will pull thru better pain meds out there today. Lol.
Excellent choice of words for sinus surgery BJ!! lol

Well guys I'm ok. Took about 2hrs for the surgery. The fungus that I din't think was in there was really bad the doc said. If I had let it go it would have eventually gotten all the way to my brain and would have been really bad. he said it like pressure washing peanut butter to get it out.

Actually my sinuses are not that bad, but still bleeding more than they should. However, my throat is killing me from getting my tonsils taken out. Doc said he wasn't even gonna tell me a white lie, it's gonna be pretty bad to deal with at my age.

I had so many sinus and tonsil problems I'm glad I did it, now I just gotta heal.

Thanks for all the kind words and I'll be back with y'all soon!
Old 04-29-2013, 05:49 PM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

Been there, I had three laser surgeries on my legs and two rounds of injections to fix my veins and a blood flow problem. I had to have one more round of injections in March. I was sore afterwords! The problems was solved my legs don't swell anymore or hurt. I could not even keep shoes on for very long it was WORTH IT. No hurting my energy is back I feel much better I am more myself.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:41 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

The MIRACLES of modern medicine brought to you through the FREE MARKET SYSTEM.......Glad ya'all are and WILL be feeling and performing BETTER ! YAHOO !
Old 04-30-2013, 09:44 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Well that is good news Wabb. Rest up & be well.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:31 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

glad your doing better buddy. now can i have some of those pain meds...lol never mind i have my own...
Old 05-02-2013, 05:08 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Good one Outlaw. lol. Seriously Rabbit glad your good. I knew the tonsils would be tough. Take those disco bisquits when you need them then throw them hefers away when your pain is gone or tolerable. . happy healing !

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 05-02-2013, 05:49 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Good to hear Rabbit!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 05-02-2013, 09:48 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

"disco-biscuits" ... HA!!! I never heard that before. Man I thought the nose work would be worse than the tonsils. But also I have heard of most people getting them removed when they are kids too... not adults. Keep yer chin up Wabb.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Spurger
APPRENTICE

lol disco biscuits... A lot of people don't get on well with tonsils, wonder what there problem is?
Old 06-11-2013, 10:43 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

It's been about 5 weeks since it was done. As I already said the sinus stuff was nothing at all. Seriously it was nothing like I expected and could have easily gone back to work after a couple of days. However, the tonsils were pretty rough. A big pain relief was the medicated lolly pops. 1-2 minute of those things and your mouth and throat are NUMB!!
One bad part was I couldn't sleep much and the worst part was I can't sit and do nothing all day. By Thursday I was dying to get out of the house so I called my boss (he's a good friend btw) and we met for breakfast Friday morning. Needless to say I didn't have much energy partly because I lost almost 10lbs in 4 days and eating nothing but soup.
I went back to work Monday (7 days later) still pretty much eating; soup, mashed potatos, mac & cheese, the occasional piece of baked chicken, drinking gatorade ( which is still the only thing I want to drink) and taking roxicet every 4 hours. No need to tell you that I went back to work too soon. Talking about killed my throat and made the recovery time a lot longer than if I had stayed at home another week.

The only problem I still had ( still have) is my uvula was swollen as big as my thumb and still is really swollen. I tried to get the doc to cut it out during the surgery, but he wouldn't and he still doesn't want to.

The doc visit 10 days later was a good report and I just needed to continue to heal and the swelling in the roof of my mouth / uvula should go away in a few months. At some point I may just get out a good pair of needle nose wire cutters and cut it out myself!

Long story short I wish I had done it years sooner and if you need any kind of simple surgery like mine was do what the doc tells you and it will make it A LOT EASIER ON YOURSELF!! lol I just don't listen to them very well when it comes to resting and giving your body time to heal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -