More Scammers to add to the list

Old 04-15-2017, 10:47 AM
womanracer96
SHOW GUEST

I just got a text from [email protected] from Phone number 858 480 4338

This is my first time posting to Racing Junk I'm concerned now.

However I made it very clear on my ad that it was local pick up only and cash only.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:54 AM
womanracer96
SHOW GUEST

Exclamation Scam Alert

I am new to Racing Junk.

I got a text from 2 different people already:

one is from phone number 858 480 4338 sent me a message with an email of: [email protected]

with the closing of "cheers" I refuse to ship, I won't take anything but cash and it must be picked up.

The other text is from phone #: 347 906 6378

My ad hasn't been up for about a maximum of 10 minutes for the second text, the first text I received 30 seconds after I posted my ad.

This is scary news because I thought this was a regulated site.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:36 AM
rbirch1823
SHOW GUEST

Exclamation Scammer Alert

Womanracer96 and others be warned. I listed an item for sale and got a text from [email protected] wanting to buy my item. He said the only way he could purchase the item was to do it through PayPal. I agreed, I'm new to this stuff. Suddenly, I'm receiving texts from a guy named Franken, same phone number as you recieved, and he said he had deposited $2000 in my paypal account. Odd since I was only asking for $1350. I looked and it did not show up. I told him over and over to check again and then suggested he better call PayPal to recover his money. He convinced me that you must recieve an email from PayPal before they will deposit the money in my account and to look to see if it had gone to my Spam mail. I actually had three emails from him. One said the over payment was for shipping and I was to send $600 to the shipping company in I-Tunes gift cards. (Yeah, right) Then it suggested WalMart gift cards. I suggested he get fu(k*d.

Also had another scammer using an account from
Rendel's Inc.
100 North Chicago Street
Joliet, IL. 60432

He sent me a check from
Midland State Bank
(Guess what their address is?)
100 North Chicago Street
Joliet, IL. 60432

In an email, he told me his secretary had accidentally sent me too much money, and he hoped that I could be trusted to return the over payment. As I'm not out to scam anyone, I agreed. I tried to correspond with MR. John Jones several times, but only recieved short evasive answers about how he was going to pick up the item and when. When I got the check, his name did not appear on it. The supposed business name did appear, with the address above. When I checked it out, it turned out to be the address of the bank and not the business. The bank name was typed line where you write the dollar amount. Oh, I forget to mention, the check amount for $4750.00. The check looked odd, so I took it to my bank to deposit it. Going to the counter, I told the girl what was going on and she said I needed to talk to the bank manager. She told me this was one of the biggest scams going. She would not accept the check. (What a surprise!) I came home and emailed Mr. Jones, and told him of the situation and his response was to deposit the check into the ATM machine or through a mobile phone app. After discussing this for several minutes, I told him no matter what, the bank is not going to accept the check and he needs to make other arrangements to purchase the item. After not hearing from him anymore, I finally sent his check back to him. It came back Saturday as not deliverable and unable to forward. I called Pay-Pal and they had me send all the emails and correspondence from both parties and they were supposed to block them from doing business. If you run across either one of them, do not accept any offers from them. You have been warned. Racing Junk did not respond to my phone calls.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:05 PM
overkill
SHOW GUEST

Do not buy from super gas 7842
Beware
Old 11-01-2017, 03:57 AM
raprap
SHOW GUEST

Default email from [email protected]

Originally Posted by womanracer96 View Post
I just got a text from [email protected] from Phone number 858 480 4338

This is my first time posting to Racing Junk I'm concerned now.

However I made it very clear on my ad that it was local pick up only and cash only.
I got an email from brucesinclair.com too. I found it very odd that he replied to me after 4 months had passed! I reported it to PayPal. They go after people like him.
Same old routine. It has to be PayPal, my shipper will come to pick it up, let's do it fast.
I've had several "Phishers" since I placed my ad on RacinJunk. They are everywhere.
Stick to you guns. all deals should be done with a Bank to Bank transfer for safety. Even cash maybe suspect. Banks will not accept bogus bills and bills with drugs on them. Beware people. They are out there to get your money.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:26 AM
lilunski69
SHOW GUEST

Here is another scammer who also texts to purchase and send bank cert check even though clearly says payments cash or paypal only! +1 {512} 952-4533, Dont fall for this BS scam! gave a name of William Smith and said was from Warren and was working in NY and very busy. Also first sentence texted said hope this is not a scam! BEWARE of this person and info they request! Not my first Car sale here and unfortunately alot here through Racing junk,
Old 12-10-2017, 07:37 PM
joefloatin1
SHOW GUEST

Thumbs up Scammers ....Good catch

Originally Posted by s1mpsons View Post
Confirmed scammer. Also has phone number 513-294-8082

Says his name is Bruce Sinclair.

Other details from his scamming emails:

"PayPal Policy

The total sum of $29,100.00 USD has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED" but it will not be credited into your account (For Security Purpose) until you send the requested $1,500.00 USD via Western Union Transfer which serves as a security measure received and processed.

Questions? Go to the Help Center at www.paypal.com/tt/help?

See below for the information on how to send the funds via Western Union.
Information On How To Complete Your Transaction

As mentioned in the payment receipt and as per the new PayPal payment policy, we have fully deducted the total sum of $29,100.00 USD from the buyer's account and it cannot be refunded to her due to the terms and conditions for this transaction. Your money is safe and secure with us but it has been put on HOLD for security purpose and will not be credited into your account until we receive the PICK UP FEE from you.

Here is what you need to do?

Kindly go to the nearest Western Union shop/your Local Post office with cash and ask for the Western Union section, fill in the transfer form with the appropriate details.
Send the sum of $1,500.00 USD (cash) to the details below:

Name: Tim Wright
City: Indianapolis
State:Indiana
Zip- Code:46229

A Mtcn# Number would be given to you by Western Union. Kindly send the below information to us as soon as you have completed the Western Union transfer so that we can credit your account instantly:

- Sender's Name and Address
- MTCN Number
- Telephone number
- Total Amount Sent
- Test question and Answer (if applicable)"
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......You are exactly right this is a pure scam and THANK YOU for letting everyone know before an honest person gets a really bad deal ... This area code for the phone number is Cincinnati Ohio's, I know this because that is where I live. The correct area code for would have been either 317 or 463 , so thats the other red flag ... Scammers will do anything to scam you , its a shame how they have changed so many peoples lives with all the ways they have came up with cheating people. Ebay is another place to watch out for now too. I have been scammed several times this year . I have never had a bad feedback with over 1000 transactions. But July of 2017 was the very first time I was taken for a fool although I did get my money back it took 90 days . Then about once a month I was fooled again , all of them had positive feedbacks so its hard to determine who is fake and who is real. So just beware. Paying thru PayPal got me my money back but PayPal lost their no doubt. Thanks again
Old 06-19-2018, 06:04 PM
aconcialdi
SHOW GUEST

I just had a similar experience with a scammer to some of you. A couple of weeks ago I posted a kart racing engine here. I was contacted by the scammer by text. The number was (469)-227-0198. I told them I prefer PayPal for payment but they insisted on credit card or check. We agreed on $2400 plus shipping and he sent me a check in a mail. He said that he was going to have his "mover" that runs a "pay before service business" pick up the engine and that he would take care of the shipping. He was kind enough to provide a tracking number (ha!). I ended up getting a check for $3000 in the mail. The name of the bank on the check was Nantucket Bank and the name of the party written on the check was "Nantucket Carpentry Inc". The bank is an actual institution and they were very helpful in determining that the check was fraudulent. Here's the name/address on the envelope that contained the check:

John Brian
510 11th Ave.
New Brighton PA 15066(not sure about zip code.. it was blurry)

Even though the address is PA the shipping label said it was sent out from the 75204 zip code in Texas.

In hindsight, I should not have given my address and agreed to the sale without talking to the prospective buyer on the phone. PayPal would have been secure, but there are also scams involving links to fake PayPal sites where your personal information can be stolen. I hope none of you run into this person and that this can help you if that happens.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:04 AM
oldsdigger
SHOW GUEST

So I have gotten 2 texts asking if my jr dragster is still available.
phone numbers: 619-609-0648--Adam & 949-431-2391--Mrs. Rachel Jimmies
Adam says he is sending a certified check for $5300 and I will take $2000K of that to pay his shipper who will come and pick this up. Adam's phone number indicates he is from CA, Adam just provided a USPS tracking number for the check and his phone broke so now his number is 619-824-5889.
So who is going to ship a jr. dragster from IN to CA for $2,000? I know this is a scam, I am waiting to get the check so I can see that it is a fake then I will contact the authorities since this is across state lines it should go to the Feds. I'll keep you posted. ps.in the ad I said payment would be paypal or cash.
Old 06-30-2018, 04:54 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

Scammers often start with "Is your ??? still available?" Think about that. Why would they even ask that if the ad is still posted? Why not just call/text/email you and ask details if there is any real interest?

Any contact with a scammer just opens you up to getting your identity stolen at the very least.

I get "Is this item still available" on almost every ad I post on Craigs List and quite a few on Racing Junk. Now they are even copy/pasting in the actual item name into their sentence.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -