Robert allen from st. Augustine, fla..... Aka southeren customs

Old 11-02-2014, 03:23 AM
lodilobo
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Robert allen from st. Augustine, fla..... Aka southeren customs

I have an ad posted on RJ, titled LS7 WANTED. This guy calls me and says he has one, that he pulled out of a 2009 Z06 wrecked, with 9k miles. He is a truck driver, supposedly for Swift Trucking, and he can drop it off near Cleveland Ohio next week. He only wanted $2500.00 for the motor ( $3500.00 w/ 6 speed). This was his price, not mine. I paid him $200.00 down payment with Pay pal immediately. He is a member here and had engines for sale, seemed like a decent guy who just wanted to get rid of some parts in a hurry. He continued to give me the run around about the engine. I paid him the deposit on Oct. 17th. Now maybe something happened...he sold the engine...he realized it's worth a lot more than $2500.00...I don't know and don't care. The point is....he contacted me, took the deposit, and needs to return it, or be tagged as a known scammer here and kicked off RJ. Anyone who has dealt with me knows that I'm fair in every deal, and I know $200.00 is not a lot. However...a thief is a thief....$200.00 or $200,000.00. If anyone else has dealt with this guy, let me know how it worked out. I don't see his ads here any more.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:09 AM
lodilobo
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Ad #182315732...2014 Corvette engine out of a wrecked corvette. This is the same guy, trying to scam somebody else, disguised as a new member.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:30 AM
Australianskids
APPRENTICE

Contact Pay Pal right away they will get your $ back report the fraud to them ASAP
Old 11-04-2014, 03:14 AM
lodilobo
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

I've already done that. It seems they have adopted a new policy. Down payments are not eligible for disputing. Of course, I'm trying to get them to do something, but I don't have much hope for getting the $200.00 back. In fact....let me take this opportunity to apologize for supporting Paypal in discussions with other members, in the past. You guys were right Paypal sucks. It will be a cold day in Hell when I use them again.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:32 PM
jthomas90
SHOW GUEST

He's at it again! Same add as two years ago, nearly got me! He's been arrested but I'm not sure under what charges.[ATTACH=CONFIG]179[/ATTACH]

Also selling over facebook, corvette forum, yellow bullet and a few others.

https://historiccity.com/2015/staugu...as-risks-53795
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Capture.jpg (17.9 KB, 3 views)