Nothing Runs Like A Deer.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:52 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Don't let the Top Ford sales thing fool anybody. Ford owns Hertz car Rental and owned Hertz Equipment Rental for over 20 years. In other words they sell to themself! Big misleading advertising. I worked for Hertz Equipment for several years and about 100,000 cars, trucks, Dump trucks, Roll Backs and Crane Trucks go the Hertz every year and we hated Fords just as much as anybody else did. To be honest I never saw a new F450 or F550 service truck (about 100 trucks) go past 25,000 miles without having major engine problems. Some so bad engines had to be rebuilt or replaced the motors. Not trying to bash Fords, just telling my experience with 'em. I now have a 2005 Chevy Duramax and it has it's share of problems too.
Steering box and sterring shaft had to be replaced at 35,000 miles, AC worked on and still not right, transmission has issues, leather armrest just ripped in about 10 places. (It only has 95,000 miles) I have hardly ever put a dent in a vehicle, drive it like Grandpa and service it more often than I should. It's probably just my bad luck!
Rabbit all it boils down to is that when someone(Ford, Cevy, Dodge) comes out with a new powertrain it will have it share of probs. Thats why I never buy new unless I know that the "bugs" have been worked out thru the manufacturer. Yeah I have a 05 F-350 with the 6.0 with over 120k on the odometer. I wasnt the original owner that bought the truck new and so I dont know how they drove it. Yes it does have it probs. But every vehicle does. Now Iam not trying to cause a war with anybody. ANd as for pulling I havehad nothing but good with pulling with a Ford. Tried Chevy and Dodge and I didnt like the way they pulled. But that is my opinion. To me I felt that Ford did the best in that aspect. I am also refering to the past. Trucks have changed so they might be better than they were before. I don't know. I stick with Ford cuz I know Ford can handle it.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:15 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I agree. I've always felt I could get away with bashing Fords a little more than most. My Grandfather had 3 Ford dealerships and passed them on to my Dad and Uncle. He started his first Lincoln Mercury dealership just after WWII and my Dad and Uncle owned them until about 1996 when my Uncle passed away.
I'm the only person in my family (Dads side) that's ever owned a GM product! Talk about catching heii at family get togethers!

GM, Ford and Dodge all have good and bad's. To be honest I've been thinking about buying a Dodge Mega cab for my next truck.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:15 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

I agree. I've always felt I could get away with bashing Fords a little more than most. My Grandfather had 3 Ford dealerships and passed them on to my Dad and Uncle. He started his first Lincoln Mercury dealership just after WWII and my Dad and Uncle owned them until about 1996 when my Uncle passed away.
I'm the only person in my family (Dads side) that's ever owned a GM product! Talk about catching heii at family get togethers!

GM, Ford and Dodge all have good and bad's. To be honest I've been thinking about buying a Dodge Mega cab for my next truck.
If you do will it be diesel? Also ould it be a 1 ton? If so and you do get one let me know how it does.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:51 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.racingjunk.com/gallery/album/2169/215909
Old 08-27-2009, 08:54 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.racingjunk.com/gallery/album/2169/215907
Old 08-27-2009, 02:18 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka

If you do will it be diesel? Also ould it be a 1 ton? If so and you do get one let me know how it does.
I'll never own another gas motor to pull with. I have several friends that have 3500 (Single rear tire and dual rear tires) and they love em. We took a (2007) 3500 to Kansas last week (2,400 miles round trip :shock: ). My Chevy got 10.5 pulling my 7,500lb (open) trailer and the Dodge was about the same pulling a 28' (????lbs )enclosed trailer. The Dodge has so much more room in the back and it's a bunch quieter (on the inside) than my Duramax.

I don't really know what I'm gonna do as far as pull truck. I've though about a diesel motor home, a totorhome or just a living quartes trailer. I'm not buying anything till I re-coop from the last motor I built.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:01 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka

I'll never own another gas motor to pull with. I have several friends that have 3500 (Single rear tire and dual rear tires) and they love em. We took a (2007) 3500 to Kansas last week (2,400 miles round trip :shock: ). My Chevy got 10.5 pulling my 7,500lb (open) trailer and the Dodge was about the same pulling a 28' (????lbs )enclosed trailer. The Dodge has so much more room in the back and it's a bunch quieter (on the inside) than my Duramax.

I don't really know what I'm gonna do as far as pull truck. I've though about a diesel motor home, a totorhome or just a living quartes trailer. I'm not buying anything till I re-coop from the last motor I built.
Yeah my wife alomst traded in my F350 for a new Dodge mega cab. She liked the room inside as well as everyhting else bout the inside. She asked how much they would give her for my truck and they said 10k and we said no thank you. Especially when its could be resold for around 30k. With all the options it has in it.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:28 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

we just traded off a 03 chevy 2500hd reg cab gas 4x4 work truck. $8500. never a problem with it. we needed to set up a truck for snow plowing and salting and didn't want to spend 7500 for equipment on 7 yr old trk. $10000 for 05 diesel I would say no thanks too!!
Old 08-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I heard GM was coming out with a Corvette Diesel next year....... If a guy could somehow get his hands on one of those engines and put it in his dually.....