Anyone having problems with UPS Shipping.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:41 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry bone, I gotta agree with Tod on this one. I won't go to the extent of calling you a thief but will say that next time you need to do what's right even if ya gotta hang on to it for a month or two. IMHO. I also have had the same thinmgs happen but did contact the shipper and give them an option to take the part back and 9 times out of 10 they tell me to keep it, not worth the effort/cost to take it back.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I didn't mean to come across as calling him a thief..I realize I said it was stealing,but I am not trying to put him down.I am speaking of my own feelings on how I would handle it.What he does is his business.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

thanks todd...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 08-29-2009, 09:37 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I think that came down to a Judgement call for individuals to Make (one on one)..i think Cris is FAR from a thief....he just drew his own conclusion's and that is an individual thing in this type situation.

had this happen to me with Jegs a few years back..i didn't get my stud and center cap kit for my New spindle Mount wheels.........called them up and they sent them....but sent them Twice...i called the shipping department back and advised them and they said just keep it ..it wouldn't be worth sending a pickup lable to have it picked up...this was about a $30.00/40.00 Kit Retail.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:38 AM
billhendren
MASTER BUILDER

Last year I shipped a brand new fully machined Brodix block to a customer. I insured it or so i thought for $4000.00. the block arrived with the front valley portion missing. the Brodix shipping container looked like a fork lift went through it.
After filing a claim UPS denied it saying the shipping box was inadequate. sure it was,never was designed to stop a fork lift. After calling all the way up the line to the UPS Chief of operations i was told that what i paid for was NOT insurance it was a declared value. after some INTERNET investigation I found UPS owns the insurance company and all high dollar claims are denied. there are hundreds of stories like mine out there.
I was finally told by UPS to take them to court if I wanted but the lawyer costs would exceed what they wouldn't pay me.
I turned it in to my insurance company which paid for the block less my $1000.00 deductible.
I will never ship anything with a high value by UPS again. Bill
Old 08-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by billhendren
Last year I shipped a brand new fully machined Brodix block to a customer. I insured it or so i thought for $4000.00. the block arrived with the front valley portion missing. the Brodix shipping container looked like a fork lift went through it.
After filing a claim UPS denied it saying the shipping box was inadequate. sure it was,never was designed to stop a fork lift. After calling all the way up the line to the UPS Chief of operations i was told that what i paid for was NOT insurance it was a declared value. after some INTERNET investigation I found UPS owns the insurance company and all high dollar claims are denied. there are hundreds of stories like mine out there.
I was finally told by UPS to take them to court if I wanted but the lawyer costs would exceed what they wouldn't pay me.
I turned it in to my insurance company which paid for the block less my $1000.00 deductible.
I will never ship anything with a high value by UPS again. Bill
Oh boy I would be all kinds of pissed off!!!
Old 08-29-2009, 07:45 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

HEY-I GOT ONE BETTER ops: ops:
I ORDERED A FULL RACE [CORVETTE] CAM --SHIPPED BY UPS--WHEN I GOT IT PART OF IT WAS BROKE OFF SO I RESOLD IT AS A 3/4 CORVETTE CAM ON EBAY[ THERE IS A SUCKER FOR EVERY PART :shock: 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ONLY KIDDING GUYS
LIVELY :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Old 08-29-2009, 07:51 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
HEY-I GOT ONE BETTER ops: ops:
I ORDERED A FULL RACE [CORVETTE] CAM --SHIPPED BY UPS--WHEN I GOT IT PART OF IT WAS BROKE OFF SO I RESOLD IT AS A 3/4 CORVETTE CAM ON EBAY[ THERE IS A SUCKER FOR EVERY PART :shock: 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ONLY KIDDING GUYS
LIVELY :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Only you Lively can come up with something like this.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:38 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Lively, I was into some serious readying till you chimed in. LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2009, 09:39 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

HEY !! So YOU were the one I bought that from !! It didn't fit into my small block Mopar like you said it would. So I sold it to a Ricer kid and told him it was a turbo cam to be run ONLY on NOS. I lost track of him when he went to jail for selling fake ricer parts..... :roll: :roll:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -