New NHRA Rules

Old 12-07-2007, 01:37 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mcracecars
I dont have the new rule book yet, but has not the -15 suit for open body alcohol/nitrous cars (7.49) been there for many years now?

and the gas powered generator rules may be because some rednecks were running them in their trailers :shock:
I dont think it means if you have a generator beside your car in the pits you need a 12 foot exhaust stack on it....
Im not a huge fan of nhra, but im willing to give them the benifit of the doubt.
The 7.49 -15 is a new rule,
The deal with the generator is people parking next to others are putting the exhaust right at the guys next to them. This does include ALL generators and not just motorhome/trailer ones.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:07 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

AHH YES--I CAN SEE IT NOW---NEXT RULE WILL BE FART BOXES ON YOUR BUTT :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 12-08-2007, 08:01 AM
3dracing
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by lively
AHH YES--I CAN SEE IT NOW---NEXT RULE WILL BE FART BOXES ON YOUR BUTT :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Some of the people down here need one.

Steve
Old 12-08-2007, 11:45 AM
bob1320
SHOW GUEST

NHRA is a lost cause! The parking situation is absurd, they treat us like shit, the payouts are utterly ridiculous, the entry fees are a joke, and the technical department is ignorant.

It's a case of hanging the carrot in front of the donkey. We are the assholes and they know it. They continue to use us for our money, knowing that we are too weak to put up a fight. If one of us quits, there are 10 assholes to take our place. Why do we even bother?

Somewhere along the line, our self-esteem was broken, and we feel the need to become "somebody" and drag racing at a national event is the lure. It sure isn't for the money, is it? You can make more money in one weekend at a local bracket race! I've decided to become "somebody" by quitting NHRA for good. I will not renew my license or my subscription to the lowly National Dragster which is printed for spectators, NOT racers. And we pay the bill for that too!

My dragster will be reduced to a 10.00 S/P car on pump gas next year and I will attend only non-NHRA big money bracket events. NHRA will not get another dime from me. After 40 years of supporting NHRA I finally realize what their game is. Support NHRA and be a pawn, a sucker, and an enabler, or quit and feel good about yourself again.

Just my humble opinion....

Old 12-08-2007, 01:17 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I HEARD THAT !!!

Bob1320 you are more than Welcome to come Join us at our local 'OUTLAW" tracks near you.BIG PAYOUTS and very affordable with NO CORPORATE HARASSMENT...
Our mortality rate is just as good as anyone running in the NHRA..
( just in case someone went there)

Also IHRA is the bomb..

thaNks for upur opinion I COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER.. 8)

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 12-08-2007, 01:35 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I am just glad the NHRA stuff I run is ran by people that arent pushing every little rule. There are a few tracks both IHRA and NHRA that have checked every little thing on my cars though, it happens. Bummer to this is I just spent some good coin to go 7.4's and now hope it only goes 7.5's

This is dumb though 4.49 does not equal 7.49 for this -15 suit.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:42 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

Youre right David 4.49 should equal low 7.0s !
Old 12-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I have never understood how they make the rules for what safety equipment the driver must wear...even for the slower cars. It makes no sense to me to require someone to have a jacket(of any kind) but not pants. Don't get me wrong I am not belly aching about that...just don't understand it. It seems to me that if anything were to happen that would warrant some sort of fire protection, your legs would need protected the same as your arms and body.Obviously you can wear em if you want to,but if they are so safety minded it seems odd that it isn't required.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:05 PM
sxfreak2002
APPRENTICE

Default nhra

i see alot of people on this post that dont like the nhra. but let me tell you you go to the outlaw tracks and hurt a fan or worse kill one and see what your insurance does for you then.or take a good look at some of the stuff you line up against .do you want this nuckle head that built this car in the shed with coat hangers in the other lane against you.not me i will put up with thier rules but at least i know the are a licenced driver.jmo.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:36 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Re: nhra

Originally Posted by sxfreak2002
i see alot of people on this post that dont like the nhra. but let me tell you you go to the outlaw tracks and hurt a fan or worse kill one and see what your insurance does for you then.or take a good look at some of the stuff you line up against .do you want this nuckle head that built this car in the shed with coat hangers in the other lane against you.not me i will put up with thier rules but at least i know the are a licenced driver.jmo.
I don't have any problem with safety rules. I think they should be enforced but there are some that I don't agree with. New belts every two years? New helmets, some rules are for the vendors in NHRA's pocket.
NHRA stock eliminator doesn't have to wear fire jackets at all. Some guys run in the 9's. The entry fee's for events is outrageous for Divisional and National Events. It's just not fair to the little guys.

I've pulled up against some cars at many NHRA events that scared the heck out of me. I think it depends on the tech inspector that day. But I guess we could not run if we choose to. It's just some things don't make much sence to me. Rule changes at the beginning of this post are ridiculous. There again just my opinion :wink:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -