You guys in the south east ready for some snow?

Old 01-28-2014, 09:49 AM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default cold

southwest suburb of chicago , it was -13 this am pretty sure it set records,but like bone said we had light winds.... been a tough winter !!!
Schools closed mon/tuesday pending wed ??? Stay Warm everyone
Old 01-28-2014, 10:22 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Here is the extreme for me, 3 years ago we got blasted with a storm that left me stranded at home for 3 days. They had to use a V-plow truck with a salt truck pushing on the back to bust through this mess 200 feet to the east of my driveway.

The picture is deceiving so this is a shot from the inside of my 97 Ram 4x4 that had a 30" tires on it.

Once you got to the intersection and turned south it was just 1 lane.

To be honest with you that was a great 3 days at home, we were prepared for it and had some fun.
Now this cold we have had this month is horrible, give me a foot or two of snow but the negative temps and even worse wind chills suck ars!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 01-28-2014, 11:20 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

I remember when you posted those pics. I thought that you can keep that crap up there.

Curtis
Old 01-28-2014, 05:23 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

It's been raining here since about 5:30pm and now at 9:00pm it's turning to snow. It's suppose to be 26 by 1:00am so we will probably have a nice layer of ice on the ground with a few inches of snow on top.

Most schools were closed today and tomorrow and we sent everybody home at work at 11:00 am.