73.47%
No Do Not Ban Julian
26.53%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

ban Julian or Not ban Julian

Old 12-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Cmon ban me already so I can stop coming on here..
Old 12-30-2010, 04:22 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

bump.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:28 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Ban Julian------ Do not ban Julian
Yes BAN Julian
86% [ 19 ]
No Do Not Ban Julian
13% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 22
Old 12-30-2010, 04:29 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Julianthe3rd
Can I cast my vote? Ban me!!!!Ban me!!

Let me tell you the issue..
27,000 members of this forum, and about 12 active posters, You guys might wanna look at yourselves as the issue. The only person I had any issues with is Mark. the rest of you are just jumping on the bandwagon cause he is your boy. and Yall know that..

How about this, I just banned myself. 8)
again, says he's not coming back but when nobody responds to that he just keeps typing, do we really need a vote when the guy says to ban him??

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 12-30-2010, 04:36 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Well, I will go against the grain on this one. Scorp hit some great points. I think we are all guilty of hijacking threads at times and I think sometimes what we think is the right way to deal with someone is not necessarily the correct way.

The one thing we really have to understand in dealing on www is that we are a melting pot of characters and attitude. What may seem to be a proper way to handle something for me may not seem to be the proper way for Scorp or Chris or Mark, etc.

I think the Mods have done a very fair job on trying to handle things. They have spoken when needed and watched when appropriate. It is always a tough call as a moderator to have to step in and make a decision like this.

I think it is time for everyone involved in the postings to step back from the mud slinging and finger pointing. Take a deep breath and walk away. Move on and just ignore future comments or replying to those you just don't seem to be able to agree with.

Just my opinion...but I could be wrong.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:05 AM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: ban Julian or Not ban Julian

Originally Posted by bjuice
ok I moved the Thread made by Julian to the Mod section to where only Mods and admins can review...It wasn't deleted.....

Although Julian feels like bringing my name up every so often ( bad move) and thinks I have taken sides against him (in-correct) I want to make sure Julian is treated fairly....I do not know a fairer way to be with someone then to let their peers decide.. ...after all I am fair person..

I also found this poll fitting since Julian likes making his own Post summoning opinions from the entire forum like he has the platform, he also insist he has a following...and he just might....by Voting No-one will know who you are unless you want them to..you can also make a comment or choose not to....

you decide....Does he stay or Go ????

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

I vote no ban. I have stayed out of all the drama threads because they are pretty pointless. But they have kinda grown on me after a while. It's sorta like wrestling. You know it's fake...
Old 12-30-2010, 05:11 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: ban Julian or Not ban Julian

Originally Posted by mytmouz
Originally Posted by bjuice
ok I moved the Thread made by Julian to the Mod section to where only Mods and admins can review...It wasn't deleted.....

Although Julian feels like bringing my name up every so often ( bad move) and thinks I have taken sides against him (in-correct) I want to make sure Julian is treated fairly....I do not know a fairer way to be with someone then to let their peers decide.. ...after all I am fair person..

I also found this poll fitting since Julian likes making his own Post summoning opinions from the entire forum like he has the platform, he also insist he has a following...and he just might....by Voting No-one will know who you are unless you want them to..you can also make a comment or choose not to....

you decide....Does he stay or Go ????

I vote no ban. I have stayed out of all the drama threads because they are pretty pointless. But they have kinda grown on me after a while. It's sorta like wrestling. You know it's fake...
:lol:

Old 12-30-2010, 07:16 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Ban Julian------ Do not ban Julian
Yes BAN Julian
81%
81% [ 22 ]
No Do Not Ban Julian
18%
18% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 27

Guess what I choose?? :twisted:
Old 12-30-2010, 07:48 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Well his racespace account is gone, havent seen him here all morning. maybe he finally stuck to his word of not coming back after saying it at least 10 times :!: I really dont think anyone has to ask me how I voted :twisted:

Old 12-30-2010, 08:08 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Scorpion1110
Julian has been through this type of issue before; Here is his November 4 post below:

URL: http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtop...hlight=#122212

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The guy does have a valid argument guys. And as far as the honor payment goes would that not be an issue for racing junk to address,not you.? I myself don't agree with the whole honor payment thing. If RJ wants money for sales why don't they just charge like EBay?
I'M JUST PLAYING DEVILS ADVOCATE HERE. I myself know what its like to be ripped apart on a public forum. I had one old customer who was an idiot rip me and my old shop apart on a forum then get his cronies to join in despite never doing business with me and him being 100% wrong. I read the linked threads and unless I missed it, I fail to see where the scams were.perhaps I'm missing something.

Brian:

Do I think he should be banned? I think he should be ignored if a reader doesnt like what he has to say. My dad used to say ignore someone and he will go away.

However he wont go away; he will stay.

So should he be banned? For having different ideas? No. For behaving like a jackass? nope.

For using homophobic slurs as a joke? no (though I found that distasteful).

For repeatedly disrupting threads in the Scammer forum to make them his own private soapbox? YES. Posters on the Scammer Forum need the most assistance on this site- The idea is to help them- and repeated and systematic disruption HURTS them.

Sadly Brian, in my opinion, as a moderator you dont have a choice.

Scorp
thanks for bringing that to light Scorp.....

tic,toc,tic,toc,tic toc.........getting sleepy yet Jules ?

Julian its a shame you can't just contribute like the rest of us ..cause No question you are a bright person...just so bright your stupid...and now your this close to losing privledges of being part of the best Racing Forum in the World.

Now you ask me a Question of why I'm considering banning you...Well my Good friend Scorp( and Respeced Member) just spelled it out for you.

I will check the vote count when I come back in tonight from the shop.

and for the record we are a bunch of Good ole Boys who sweep our own Floors !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -