Hard Starting - Enderle Injected 351W (gas)

Old 06-13-2007, 11:41 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Murff
Thanks Zipper06.

Forgot to mention, 8 gal cell in trunk, electric pump feeding 2 gallon resevoir with old Holley float bowl for regulating, -12 from bottom of res to Enderle filter and then to pump. Pump is lower than res but higher than filter by about two inches.

The hat is a bugcatcher, purchased new last year. Has maybe 4 - 5 hours run time on it. I guess it still could be the shaft bores but reading between the lines here it sounds like I should be looking for an air leak somewhere.

Once I get it lit off again and start on the tune I will smoke test and see what there is to see.

Thanks

Murff
the resevoir your spreaking of is also called surge tank....

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 06-14-2007, 04:18 AM
blown375
APPRENTICE

Murff sorry to say but thats a common problem and kind of nature of the beast with mechanical injection but there are some things you can do to help the situation . First don't pump the throttle ,injectors don't have accelerator pumps so pumping the throttle doesn't help as a matter of fact by pumping the throttle you take away vacuum that would help draw fuel thru your nozzles. another thing that you may want to try is a fuel check valve that will keep your pump primed I know that Fowler engines sells one 614 258 2924 and it cured my hard start problems when I ran stack injection.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:02 AM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

Thanks to all for the replies and tips. Gives me areas to look at closer and shifts in 'technique' to try. Still on track to start it up on Saturday so will know more then.

Bjuice, I have called it a resevoir and a surge tank. Usually when I call it one name someone calls it by the other. It's a flippin' box with gas in it at the front of the car.

And my comment about setting the choke was meant to elicit a chuckle, nothing more.

<sigh>

Murff