paint

Old 01-04-2010, 05:12 AM
TS1955
DYNO OPERATOR

On a "standard" daily car...DuPont Chroma system...Custom jobs I use House of Kolor products. JMO

TS1955
Old 01-05-2010, 12:32 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Implement Enamel from Tractor supply. :P

You can get a gallon for about $20 and it only takes it a week or so to dry.

http://www.valsparglobal.com/val/res...alspar_imp.jsp
Old 01-07-2010, 01:42 PM
nhrafrk
SHOW GUEST

Default paint

we use ppg or omni which is the cheap version made by ppg and always have good results. won best appearing at division 5 division race in topeka a few years back several car show trophies with cars we have painted with ppg.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:24 AM
chadshotrods
SHOW GUEST

go with the dupont paint they have many options for base and clear that would be well within your budget. ppg is ok but you have to buff it constantly to keep the shiny finish after all ppg stands for piss poor gloss . i use dupont in my shop and have put out alot of great show cars with dupont refinishing products...... SOUTHERN CUSTOMS & RESTORATION...............478-244-7798 middle georgia
Old 11-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Bubstr
JUNIOR BUILDER

Painted cars for 40 years. I don't think you would be disappointed with PPG urethane clear gloss. For someone that don't paint everyday PPG seems to be user friendly. You can screw up and bail yourself out. If your selecting paint by cost. It may not matter what kind of results you get. PPG has some exotic colors also. Ask for custom chip book.