My Dad is a cool dude.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Default My Dad is a cool dude.

So my Dad tells me to come see him at lunch today... says he needs to tell me something... I think to myself: "great, he has bad news; maybe the cancer came back or something." We talk. Then he says: I decided to give you & your wife our motor home!! He bought a new one. He says: "I value the time more than the money these days & we want you guys to enjoy it"... I was blown away. He just put new tires on it, had the generator/AC serviced, washed & filled her up with gas... gave me the keys. She is a Minnie-Winnie (yr 2000 I think) with 32,000 miles. The thing is stellar & has been in a barn storage. Man, I can't wait to go camping!!! Gonna go next weekend to the desert with dirt bikes; eat STEAK, & kill things with my bow & guns!! Thanks POP!!!!!!!!! Pretty cool.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:44 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Now that is cool 8) 8) Great Dad you have there :!: :!:

Mark
Old 07-13-2012, 05:09 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Scooter, your dad knows the value of you spending time with your family.
It's priceless!
Spend as much "on the road time" as you can with your wife and boy. Get him out of the house and spend time with nature and the environment. Teach him how to be a responsible sportsman. There is no replacement or substitute for it when your boy gets old enough to look back on the time the family spent together. He'll probably do the same with his children.

I spent many summers on the road with my mom, dad and sister when we were little. At the time I hated it, but the older I get the more I really miss it. One reason is because I know it will never happen again. My dad will hit the road for 2 to 3 months at a time and loves every min of it.

I have no idea why I just typed all this. You already knew and do this anyway. Guess it just made me think about my time with my dad and family.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I understand Rabbit. My grandpa used to take me everywhere in this POS RV he had that was broke down more than driven but those were some of the best times of my life!
I have always had some sort of RV over the years and enjoy the hell out of it. Going camping, some really nice RV sites, going to the races, etc.
Well Scooter I need to find you a bumper sticker for your new toy!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 07-13-2012, 07:41 PM
EXPERT BUILDER

Friday the 13th is your lucky day for sure, Good Deal ! :lol: 8)
Old 07-13-2012, 11:25 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Very cool! Ya need a camping buddy? :lol: I have beer...remember that.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:53 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

KOOOOOL BEANS ! What's the towing capacity ?
PICTURES - PICTURES !

"Back in MY day"....our RV was a 1952 Plymouth station wagon and then a '55 Ford Ranchwagon. We were all over Southern Alaska on road trips exploring old mining sites and such. Surplus Army tents, sleeping bags, cooking gear, and 'hiking' gear. Lots of O.D. around in those days. Heavy canvas, no nylon yet. Fond memories......

Old 07-14-2012, 08:08 AM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

Man I remember until we got a pull type camper we had this big heavy canvas tent. It had an awning on it over the door held up by 2 poles.

Funny story on the straw that broke the camels back on a camper.
We were at one of our favorite camping/fishing spots and that night it stated to rain. But turned in to a big gully washing thunderstorm. By morning the inside of tent soaked we are all soaked so we decide to call the weekend. So me and my step dad go off between tent and truck to "was the wheeels " :wink: :wink: . Well about the same time mom desides to push the freezing cold water out of the awning. needless to say a cold shower while draining the main vein while half awake wasnt a good feeling.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:47 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Enjoy Scooter, I know you'll put it to good use.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:50 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

That's awesome. I Love giving things to my kids, so the enjoyment he got from passin it to you was ten time what money it would have brought. Have too much fun with it.

Curtis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -