Please read-You decide-Please Respond

Old 04-09-2012, 08:51 AM
coolracing
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: Screwed?

Originally Posted by wlpatterson
So its still a good deal if someone sells you parts that are not what they are advertised to be as long as you can get them fixed cheaper than you can buy new ones??s,Ive been doing this wrong for 10 years on here,All that junk I wouldnt sell could have been money in the bank? Not the way I do business,I tell you its good,Its good or I send your money back,Thats the way Business is suppost to be done...I have actually bought parts (some off here) Thats absolutly junk that I have trashed & took the loss rather than trying to screw someone else with it,Im still up & running & it hasnt broke me yet..JMO
All you folks that think this is still a great deal remember this if or when it happens to you..
I understand where your coming from but "He got LUCKY." Nobody said its a good deal when this problem first came up, but lucky for him things fell into place and he actually did get a good deal. This is why myself and others have advised him that LIFTERS ARE NOT A THING YOU BUY USED! I am sorry if you or anybody else has had a bad deal on here, but it happens when buying used parts and its a chance we all take. This is why everyone should take carfull measures when buying used parts. If you dont want to take the chance then buy NEW!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:21 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

he "got lucky" ? no sir , he would have been lucky if what he bought was as advertised...he got screwed .. jmo
Old 04-10-2012, 08:43 AM
coolracing
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by maniac
he "got lucky" ? no sir , he would have been lucky if what he bought was as advertised...he got screwed .. jmo
I would say he got screwed if crower would had not dropped the price. I am not siding with nobody but if he would have got what was advertised he would have a used set of lifters which as a buyer you have absolutly no clue what you have bought , no clue what they been through, how much abuse they sustained, nothing. Now Maniac you awnser me this can you yourself buy a set of crower lifters for $362.00 that have been reconditioned by crower with pushrods? If you can please let me know where I can buy them becuase ill buy 2 sets rite now cause I just paid a hell of alot more than that! I would pay $362 anyday of the week instead of what I pay at dealer cost!
Old 04-10-2012, 01:24 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Please read-You decide-Please Respond

Originally Posted by beastmaster
Deal: Purchasing solid BBC roller Lifters from Seller
Seller: States for $162.00 will sell used set that has low runs good condition w/pushrods
Buyer: Recieves Lifters and rightaway notices that the bearings can be seen wheels looked worn on the sides. Contacted seller and agreed to send set to Crower for Inspection and repair.
Crower: Took 43 days to contact buyer, was told all lifters needed to be repaired , the bill $350.00. I was stumped and informed them of the situation with the seller saying they where in good condition, I was so lucky, they lowered it to cost of 125.00 plus 25.00 shipping.
do you feel the seller should pay half the repair cost?
I asked for 62.50 back
The seller was one of us on this site....said No.
IMO what you got here is a clear cut situation of difference of opinions. To the seller they may have seemed to be in good shape..same thing if I look at a girl and think she is the bomb and you think she's a dog..another example: I have seen a many of cars,weld jobs etc...that some people would swear was a top notch job that I wouldn't take it for free.

of course none of us will ever know what the sellers intentions were..but given the info as it was spelled out to me it was all a matter of opinion. Now if the seller told him they were solid lifters and then they came in as rollers thats another story...but condition can always be a gray area when opinions are involved. nothing wrong in asking him to pay for half of the re-build but IMO he is not wrong if he declined to pay...again just my 2 cents..

another clear reason I do not bother buying used TQ Converters, lifters ,camshafts,pistons ( basically any rotating natural wearing parts) etc.......unless I know the guy and the parts....just saying.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 04-10-2012, 04:18 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

what ever! he didnt get screwed by crower he got screwed by seller again JMO
Old 04-10-2012, 04:47 PM
coolracing
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by maniac
he didnt get screwed by crower he got screwed by seller
Exactly! That is why I said seller should be obligated to cough up some of that repair cost!