MIKE TOKARZ Covington Ga. Scammed bank for $ 18,000

Old 03-07-2008, 04:00 PM
motormanracer1
SHOW GUEST

Default Mike Tokarz

Your accusations raise a lot of questions in my mind. To just cut to the chase here...something doesn't smell right! Just my opinion.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

This thread continues to get interesting-

I would tend to agree that there are two separate issues; a bank wire purportedly sent twice, and a vehicle which may or may not have been misrepresented.

If the bank indeed wired funds twice I find it hard to believe they would hold the account of sender responsible-I do believe that there are legal methods to pursue this issue between the banks. I have never had it happen so I can not offer anything further on that.

As to the vehicle being misrepresented, there should be some kind of documentation to support or dispute, possibly an ad, pics etc. Withhout documentation then its one's word against another.

Motormanracer1, your post is particularly thorough and I see you are a recent member actually today-It makes one wonder exactly what your relationship is to this issue-but perhaps you just happened upon this thread. Set up a profile if you already have not-it will help you get acquainted with a very decent group of folks. BTW, you wouldnt be Mr. Sellers or Mr. Tokarz would you?

BTW, a word to posters on this forum, if you wish to avoid the issues associated with slander or libel, frame your commentary as an opinion (which it is initially anyway). An opinion stated as such is not slander or libel- Its a bit of insurance that will annoy the legal types.

As always, my humble opinion.

Later
Old 03-08-2008, 02:07 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
i hear FEDERAL PRISON is not a fun place to be....

IF the person accused of this act is even close to playing games with an FDIC financial institution....the FBI will soon come calling...

rest assure !
That's FEDERAL bang me in the AZZ prison Brian

><Cp
Old 03-08-2008, 02:18 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Scorpion1110
This thread continues to get interesting-

I would tend to agree that there are two separate issues; a bank wire purportedly sent twice, and a vehicle which may or may not have been misrepresented.

If the bank indeed wired funds twice I find it hard to believe they would hold the account of sender responsible-I do believe that there are legal methods to pursue this issue between the banks. I have never had it happen so I can not offer anything further on that.

As to the vehicle being misrepresented, there should be some kind of documentation to support or dispute, possibly an ad, pics etc. Withhout documentation then its one's word against another.

Motormanracer1, your post is particularly thorough and I see you are a recent member actually today-It makes one wonder exactly what your relationship is to this issue-but perhaps you just happened upon this thread. Set up a profile if you already have not-it will help you get acquainted with a very decent group of folks. BTW, you wouldnt be Mr. Sellers or Mr. Tokarz would you?

BTW, a word to posters on this forum, if you wish to avoid the issues associated with slander or libel, frame your commentary as an opinion (which it is initially anyway). An opinion stated as such is not slander or libel- Its a bit of insurance that will annoy the legal types.

As always, my humble opinion.

I know your sharp as a tack Scorpion1110 but motormanracer1 sounds like a lawyer in training.

Oh almost forgot, JMO

><Cp

Later
Old 03-08-2008, 05:01 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Ok, most of you know I work for a bank. Have worked in collections and now do underwriting. I can tell you that it is possible for a wire transfer to go thru twice. What is not possible is for it to clear an account that quick. The wire transfer works like this:
1) Your bank sends the transfer to a general wire transfer account at the recieving bank.
2) The recieving bank process the wire transfer and withdraws from the transfer account and deposits the money either to the individual account or to a branch account where it would then have the branch withdraw and deposit to the individual account.

Banks send out wire transfer in bulk, generally in the afternoon and in most cases, the afternoon of the next business day. They don't just send transfers out when you are standing at the teller window. That means the money would be processed in the evenings business of the day recieved and not available for immediate withdrawl. If the bank saw 2 of the same transfers for the amount I would think it would send up a red flag.

Oh yeah, banks have to balance out each night before they can close out. If the bank sent out $36K instead of $18K from this account, it would have immediately been caught in the evenings balancing.

Sounds to me like someone is just a little pissed that he got burned on the deal and is trying to scare this guy into being honest. If this guy sold you a junk car, you are not going to scare him. You need to pursue this legally and not verbally.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:51 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Cepx, you and I were thinking along the same lines. It just took me way too many words.

BTW, thanks for the compliment-Now if you could just convince my wife who seems to think I get dumber every year. Thats not an opinion, but a fact.

Indeed Shawn P, your comments are direct and dead on.

A web search shows that Mr. Tokarz and Sellers were racing this week in GA- seems as recently as Thursday.

http://www.dragracecentral.com/drcst....asp?ID=153142

TiceRacing you know where they are now, so next steps are yours.

CEPX, still my humble opinion, and still

Later
Old 03-08-2008, 07:38 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by shawnp
Ok, most of you know I work for a bank. Have worked in collections and now do underwriting. I can tell you that it is possible for a wire transfer to go thru twice. What is not possible is for it to clear an account that quick. The wire transfer works like this:
1) Your bank sends the transfer to a general wire transfer account at the recieving bank.
2) The recieving bank process the wire transfer and withdraws from the transfer account and deposits the money either to the individual account or to a branch account where it would then have the branch withdraw and deposit to the individual account.

Banks send out wire transfer in bulk, generally in the afternoon and in most cases, the afternoon of the next business day. They don't just send transfers out when you are standing at the teller window. That means the money would be processed in the evenings business of the day recieved and not available for immediate withdrawl. If the bank saw 2 of the same transfers for the amount I would think it would send up a red flag.

Oh yeah, banks have to balance out each night before they can close out. If the bank sent out $36K instead of $18K from this account, it would have immediately been caught in the evenings balancing.

Sounds to me like someone is just a little pissed that he got burned on the deal and is trying to scare this guy into being honest. If this guy sold you a junk car, you are not going to scare him. You need to pursue this legally and not verbally.

"Knowledge is Power"
Old 03-17-2008, 06:37 AM
prostocktrk
SHOW GUEST

Default bank/car

whats the outcome????
Old 03-19-2008, 08:02 AM
prostocktrk
SHOW GUEST

Default class

This is what i thought, You bad mouthed a guy and everyone jumped in like it was all true? There at least 2 sides to every story but it seems like the same guys have to respond to every thread? Apparently these claims were all bs?