Cold!

Old 01-30-2014, 03:03 PM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

God $$$$ myself some duck dynasty long underware on sale at wallyworld. Whatta waste of money, not as toasty as my hanes long undies.Cheap,cheap,cheap.God now i see why they were on sale... :cry:
Old 01-30-2014, 06:18 PM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

My brother, dad, and myself installed the new heat/ AC unit my dad has his lincese from a former part time job years ago and saved us a crap load of $$$$. We had to run some new gas pipe and we also leveled up the slad we were planning on doing this in the spring anyway. It's nice and warm in the house now.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:53 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Swiley383
My brother, dad, and myself installed the new heat/ AC unit my dad has his lincese from a former part time job years ago and saved us a crap load of $$$$. We had to run some new gas pipe and we also leveled up the slad we were planning on doing this in the spring anyway. It's nice and warm in the house now.
Good to hear that everything is back to normal!

Well the temps are kind of up here, saying maybe up to 6" more snow tomorrow and the extended forecast says we might get anywhere between 6-10" come this Tuesday! Does this winter ever end!?!?!?!?!? :cry:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 01-31-2014, 04:08 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Glad you got it fixed.

It was 18 this morning, we still a little snow left and it's gonna be 64 Sunday!!
Typical winter in the South. lol
Old 01-31-2014, 07:40 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

More bad news I got a call this morning my wife's uncles house was on fire. Whent over there and it was on the ground apart stoped and beat on the door and woke him up he made it out ok thank god. I got back home to wait on the heat people and heard water running walk to the basement and the main supply line coming to the house busted and was flooding the basement. What a day
Glad he made it out safe. I had a house fire this past thursday and wouldnt wish that on anybody.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:33 AM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

Yup glad too hear everyones ok...
Old 02-04-2014, 09:39 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Atlanta got hit pretty bad yesterday. Part of the problem was terrible planning by the city and schools.
All decided to close at the same time and did it way to late.
There were some people stuck in traffic jams fro more than 14hrs.
A lot of kids didn't get out of school in time and had to spend the night at school.
It took my cousin 4hrs to get her kids out of school which was only 20miles away and one is a handicapped and in a wheel chair. Talk about be furious if she hadn't have been able to get him.
My cousin (Delta Airlines) got home 24 hours after he left work. He spent the night at the home of another Delta employee who he had never met.

Rabbit is correct about the events.
1. Tractor trailers started it off by loosing traction and blocking the interstates.
2. Locals (yes they all left at once with the busses) took to the side streets, clogging them completely.
Now for the stupid response: "Let's thru a bunch of money at it. We will buy spreaders and snow shovels and all the required storage and maintenance and training so we will have it the next superstorm comes thru."
Then in 2019 when the next storm hits, the equiptment will be rusted or cannot be located and nobody who was trained on it works for the city anymore.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:06 AM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

We got 12inches a few days ago...snowblower decided to give me trouble.lol thank god for 2 sons and 2 shovels....Boy did they WHINE FOR AND HR....
Old 02-09-2014, 11:31 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Finally been getting piddles of the white stuff. We're only at 64% snow pack in our watershed. Gonna be a bad summer for farmers and fires, I think.
California is already burning ....
Old 02-09-2014, 12:40 PM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

This yr in upper ny state we are gettin more cold than snow.from albany south...is getting buried this yr...Doesnt hurt my feelings...Thats why a lotta people i know are converting sleds to ice/asphalt racers..Not getting the snow to warrent the cost..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -