trailers

Old 12-19-2009, 07:25 AM
tott
SHOW GUEST

Default trailers

I need some help I sold my trailer and am in the market for a new one, my last one was a Haulmark didn't really care for it(roof leaked) am looking at Pace or maybe Contential,Vintage or open to suggestions, looking at 32ft.,also wondering about the difference between 2 or 3 axle last one was a tandem but considering a triple but not sure of the real difference as far as ride or whatever, any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:36 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

A triple will track way better than a tandem, although they are harder to turn in a tight radius and also are harder on tires when turned sharply very often. Tires will last longer going straight but will wear more from turning. Triples will haul more load safely than tandem.
Do a search on this forum for 'trailer' and you'll come up with quite a few discussion threads.

http://forums.racingjunk.com/search.php?mode=results
Old 12-19-2009, 08:01 AM
tott
SHOW GUEST

Thank You
Old 12-19-2009, 08:41 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

no doubt go triple if you can, I wouldnt own another long tag without triple axle.

I like the classic stuff its made close to me and I've been there a few times. Pace is decent also, I wont own a haulmark either
Old 12-21-2009, 07:12 AM
CamBirdRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Anything longer than 30', go with a triple.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:50 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

LB Trailer Sales is your best price hands down for a new Vintage. We have had everything from Vintage from 28 foot to 48 foot living quarter trailer. All have been triple axle trailers. Will not tow anything else.

Dave,

You been down thru Elkhart lately? The PRI was very, very empty in the trailer display this year and we were told Classic closed shop.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:01 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by shawnp
LB Trailer Sales is your best price hands down for a new Vintage. We have had everything from Vintage from 28 foot to 48 foot living quarter trailer. All have been triple axle trailers. Will not tow anything else.

Dave,

You been down thru Elkhart lately? The PRI was very, very empty in the trailer display this year and we were told Classic closed shop.
Hey Shawn actually went down through there not to long ago looked like more trailers then there had been in the last yr now. Classic is about 25mins away from me off the main rd but they were either busy or stocking up lol

After looking at a lot of trailer I am still not sold how much you pay for a big name trailer over the no name trailers, classic seems to be fairly consistent compared to the other places I looked at.