scammer alert JOE GARAY

Old 02-05-2012, 02:11 PM
novamaniac
APPRENTICE

Default scammer alert JOE GARAY

Just a heads up people.
I have been dealing with a "member" on RJ since Oct 2011 on a TCI converter and B&M Pro Stick shifter. I sent him a money order(big mistake on my part) because he said he wasn't set up for Paypal. Well,the red flags should have been flying right there but silly me have trust in people and have never had a problem dealing with the fine people here on RJ. Evertime I messaged this so called member I got the runaround and he was skirting my questions saying the parts were shipped and that he had tracking numbers to prove it. Kinda funny but everytime I asked for the tracking numbers he came up with yet another excuse. He even tried to say that the parts were on their way but for some reason the mailing address was torn off and the shifter was sent back to him. Supposedly he said he resent the shifter to me but no parts arrived,not even a tracking number that I requested.

So people,beware if you have any dealings with a member from Markham Texas who goes under the username GARAYRACING. His name is JOE GARAY and if you know him,you know a bad person. If you don't know him,keep it that way. It will save you grief and money.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:20 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

ADD ######### MORE INFO !!!!!
Old 02-05-2012, 06:38 PM
novamaniac
APPRENTICE

This Joe Garay characters member number is 88989. The ad has now been deleted from what I can tell or I just can't open it anymore but this was the ad number 2339090. Hope this helps.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:19 AM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

I sent him a message with the link to this thread, lets sit back and see the drama unfold.. :roll:
Old 02-06-2012, 04:50 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Well I see him looking in here at 7:50am, wonder if he will reply?

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 02-06-2012, 05:15 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I have not hear anything about him on RJ but he is banned on the NastyZ28 forum for some reason

Here is a link where he ripped someone off on another forum
http://www.camaros.net/forums/archiv.../t-185116.html

Old 02-06-2012, 09:48 AM
novamaniac
APPRENTICE

Default scammer alert JOE GARAY

Well isn't that something.He has been ripping people off all over and he should be stopped but I have no idea how to find someone from a box number.
I wonder if the people on his friends list knows what kind of person he is?
I just hope he gets caught and someone teaches him a lesson.

Julianthe3rd, thanks for sending him the link as it should be interesting to see if he has anything to say.

harbone66,he is a classic con from the camaro forum,thanks for posting that info.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Sent Mr Garay this message

On [2012-02-06 14:56:00] harbone66 wrote:
There is a guy on the forum that says he bought some stuff from you and you never shipped it? After a little research it seems you have a reputation on some other forums for doing the same thing!
I suggest you ship the man his parts...

Here was his reply

From: garayracing To: harbone66 Date: 2012-02-06 15:29:23
Subject: Re: RJ RaceSpace: Ripped off
they have been shipped

Have you heard anything from him?

Old 02-06-2012, 12:06 PM
garayracing
SHOW GUEST

Default parts

i have the parts they came back again..i have tried to ship out of country and i will never do it again...here is our emails ,i am not hiding
Another week has gone by and still no parts. Surprise,surprise. You say you are losing parts,well you have tracking numbers for the post office to find them. Or,my bet is there never was any tracking numbers because there was never any parts sent.
I guess we will see what happens in the next couple weeks if you refund me or not. My feeling is you won't.

On [2012-01-27 10:01:39] garayracing wrote:
> i sent that pkg ,1 pkg was lost,1 came back, and i sent it again, i am losing out here also,i gave you a deal on the stuff,i could of easily sold for more..i have sold plenty of stuff on rjunk.with no problem...i will give a refund in 3 weeks when i get paid, i only get paid once a month.. to settle this matter
>
> On [2012-01-26 21:24:08] novamaniac wrote:
> > So why don't you do the right thing and pay me back in full before I am forced to take action. You never answered again about the tracking number.
> >
> > On [2012-01-26 11:27:57] garayracing wrote:
> > > i have shipped alot of pkgs with no problem,
> > >
> > > On [2012-01-26 11:18:01] novamaniac wrote:
> > > > A couple of messages ago I asked about the tracking the number for the shifter you said you resent.You skirted the question and neglected to send the tracking number. A few more messages before that you said if the converter didn't show up in two weeks you would refund that,it's been over a month. I bet you never asked the post office why they can't find these parts.
> > > > I have bought alot of parts from guys on Racing Junk and Ebay from the U.S. that shipped to me with no problems at all and this is the first this problem arose so don't blame USPS.
> > > >
> > > > I am starting to realize that all you are doing is ripping me off and I think that was the intent to begin with,just another scammer.
> > > > Oh well,my loss I guess but eventually you will be caught and I would hate to see the consequences.
> > > > Again,Thanks
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > On [2012-01-20 17:41:58] garayracing wrote:
> > > > > you are not getting the run around this is why I did not want to ship out of the country,I will check with post office
> > > > > On [2012-01-20 15:24:02] novamaniac wrote:
> > > > > > Well,it's been another couple weeks since I heard anything back from you and to no surprise I haven't received any parts. When I got your message on Dec 29th you told me you were going to get a tracking number on the shipment,did you get one? If so,you should be able to tell where the package is. I still think I am getting the run around and will never see these parts or the hard earned money that I likely won't see back either. It's a little tough being open minded about this deal seeing as the only one that came out ahead was you.
> > > > > > Thanks so much again.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > On [2012-01-06 14:52:35] garayracing wrote:
> > > > > > > shifter went out to the addy you gave me, the box was opened and returned to me because half of the addy was torn off...it has been sent,if you don't get the stall in about 2 more weeks i will issue a refund on the stall..
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > On [2012-01-06 14:01:39] novamaniac wrote:
> > > > > > > > Joe,I haven't heard from you for awile again,just wondering what's happening with these parts.I'm getting an uneasy feeling about this.
> > > > > > > > Paul
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > On [2011-12-29 09:07:12] garayracing wrote:
> > > > > > > > > sorry,you are not getting the run around...i had a death in the family,the shifter i got back,i will be home monday to ship the shifter back out to you..sorry, but i have alot going on right now.....will get it out mon and give you a tracking number,might have to give you a refund on the stall if it don't show up be next fri
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > On [2011-12-29 07:01:37] novamaniac wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > Joe,what's happening with these parts? I haven't received anything yet or heard anything back from you since the 22nd of December.
> > > > > > > > > > I'm starting to think I am getting the run around and this deal has gone sour and I won't even see the parts I paid for or the money that was spent on them. It has been over 3 months already.
> > > > > > > > > > Let me know,
> > > > > > > > > > Paul
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > On [2011-12-22 22:57:37] garayracing wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > sorry, haven't made it home yet,should be home late tomorrow..will let you know something asap
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-12-22 17:58:19] novamaniac wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > Joe,just wondering if you found out anything why the package got sent back to you.I still haven't received the other one yet so maybe it's on it's way back to Texas.
> > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks,Paul
> > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-12-20 09:33:35] garayracing wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > i talked to my sister in law,she explained to me it was the shifter,it said not deliverable on the pkg..i have your correct address on it..she read it back to me,i am thinking the lady at the post office screwed up somehow..hopefully you will get the other pkg or it gets sent back to me...well i shoulf be back by next wed,, and i will get that out to you......well at least we know one pkg made it safely to one of us..lets see if the other comes along
> > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-12-20 03:57:51] novamaniac wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Well that's great that it came back to you. Was there just one package? I thought the parts were shipped in seperate boxes,maybe the other one will get back to you also. I wonder if the wrong address was put on the packages or to heavy. Anyway let me know what you find out because I would sure like to get my parts or if nothing else a refund. This has been going on way to long already.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks,Paul
> > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-12-19 14:55:30] garayracing wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > i am out of town right now,but my sister in law checked my mail and said i got a pkg from canada.. it said not deliverable, i will be back next wed...i will call her tonight and find out what it is
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-12-15 21:20:36] novamaniac wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Joe,I just got your message about you checking with the post office.The parts haven't showed up yet but maybe the delay is the Christmas rush.I will give it a bit more time and see what happens.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks for checking it out.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Paul
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-12-09 21:30:06] garayracing wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > i checked with the post office and they said since it went parcel it will take awhile,even longer shipped to canada..also don't worry they will show up or i will issue a refund..
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-12-08 19:03:33] novamaniac wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Nothing yet.Let me know if you find out anything.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-12-08 18:40:58] garayracing wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > did you get anything yet? i tried to get out early today,but i just got home.i am off tomorrow i will find something out and let you know..thanks
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-12-07 20:32:58] novamaniac wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hey Joe.Just touching base with you that the parts haven't arrived yet.Just curious if you may have tracking numbers for them.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks,Paul
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-11-06 06:23:38] garayracing wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > no wheelie bars...i am looking for some myself
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-11-05 23:43:55] novamaniac wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Darnit,to late again.Maybe you will get another one.Thanks for letting me know the parts are sent.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Do you ever have any wheelie bars for sale?I am looking for a set about 44 inches long and 22 or 23 inches wide to fit my Camaro.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks again
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-11-05 19:14:34] garayracing wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > forward and it just sold this morning let it go for 80 and yyour parts already went out
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-11-05 18:49:46] novamaniac wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hey Joe,is that pistol grip shifter for a powerglide or 3 speed? Is it forward pattern or reverse pattern?
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks,Paul
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-11-01 19:59:21] garayracing wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > no problem..i check the computer at noon and after 5 when the boss leaves..i am going to put deliveryy confirmation on the pkgs,so that way i know when u get them
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-11-01 18:22:00] novamaniac wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Ok good.I was getting a little worried it got lost or something.I know it's tough working those hours.I am on call for my job and have no idea for when and where I am going.Atleast you got the money and that's all that matters.I can breathe easier now.I will let you know when I receive the parts.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks,Paul
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-11-01 15:03:33] garayracing wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > yes got it and waiting on it to clear.my wife deposited it and the bank didn't process it.they were kinda thinkng it was a phony check,but i am waiting on it to clear.i have the stuff boxed up already and ready to ship..i am working 12 hour days and ,sorry i did not get back to you..i talked to my wife and recieved the check on thu. my bank held on to it till fri..the lady at my bank was kinda worried ,she called and made sure it was a good check,so waiting on it to clear ..should go out tomorrow ir thurs.i get off around 8pm and should be home by 9 pm central time
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-11-01 12:52:33] novamaniac wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Joe,any news on if that money order showed up yet? I have Canada post putting a trace on it to see if it went somewhere else and got cashed. I thought you would have recieved it long ago. I'm getting a little worried it got lost or someone else got it. It is a lot of money to me to lose.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks,Paul
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-10-25 23:16:53] garayracing wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > nothing yet..will keep you posted..
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-10-25 22:52:15] novamaniac wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Joe,just touching base with you to see if you received the money order yet.I thought for sure you would have got it by now.I didn't want you to think I was playing around and didn't send it.Keep me posted when you receive it.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks,Paul
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-10-19 22:49:06] garayracing wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > i will do delivery confirmation,cause i am going to insure them ...
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-10-19 22:47:20] novamaniac wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Joe,would it be possible to get tracking numbers for the parts to see how they are progressing getting across the counrty once they get sent? I'm sure you would even like to know how well they are doing getting across the states and into Canada. If so,you can message the tracking numbers when you let me know they are on the way.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks,Paul
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-10-17 22:46:25] garayracing wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > no problem will let you know when i get it and when it goes out
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-10-17 22:44:46] novamaniac wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Joe,here is the shipping information you will need to send the parts.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Paul DaCunha
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 1317 Regal Cres,
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Moose Jaw Saskatchewan,
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Canada,
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > S6H7S1.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Ph306)693-7824
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-10-17 17:36:44] garayracing wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sure will thanks
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-10-17 16:51:25] novamaniac wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Joe,I got the U.S. money order sent to you this afternoon and it should get to you in about a week so the girl said.Let me know when you receive it.I need to ask a favor though.Could you put a value of $90.00 on the converter and $60.00 on the shifter so customs doesn't nail me to hard on brokerage fees.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks,Paul
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-10-16 21:25:33] garayracing wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > i put deal pending on the converter and shifter for you..thanks
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-10-16 21:20:02] novamaniac wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > You bet,I got it.I was doing some checking with USPS and I think your guess on shipping prices might be close.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Just another question on that converter,do you know if it has the anti-balooning plate? Some 241002 converters have them and some don't. I was also doing some internet surfing on these converters and it should work for me just perfectly.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks again.......... : ) Paul
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-10-16 21:00:19] garayracing wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > just checking to see if you got my address?
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-10-15 22:39:25] novamaniac wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Ok,we need to talk.Do you think you will be around tomorrow(Sunday)so we can talk about these parts?Message me back a phone number and your name so I know who to ask for.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks again,Paul
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-10-15 22:16:36] garayracing wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > tci 241002...i am not setup for paypal,would have to be a money order,i have never shipped outside of the us..i got 3600 stall out of it sbc out of my bbc stalled 3900..only 5 months old..can u check on shipping or i can check it out monday
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-10-15 22:11:18] novamaniac wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Darn,I am in Canada.Is that a problem?I need to know more about the converter.Are there any numbers stamped on it?What stall did you get out of it?Is it the streetfighter or super streetfighter?
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Let me know what you think about shipping outside the U.S. and I also have Paypal and have bought lots from the states.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks,Paul
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-10-15 21:27:05] garayracing wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > yes i do i can do 230 shipped for both as long as you are in the u.s..
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-10-15 20:21:49] novamaniac wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hi,do you still have the b&m pro stick shifter and the tci 10" converter for sale?
Old 02-06-2012, 12:10 PM
garayracing
SHOW GUEST

Default parts

now the guy with the console he got it 4 months later it was sitiing in a post office in san diego....i have not hid from novamaniac,i have replied to every email above..i am just getting bashed,which i totally understand...but i did get he stall and shlifter back sat and i did email him about it and i will send it out again ,they are being returned not deliverable..i am not a scammer...i even told him i would even issue a refund....but the parts keep coming back to me saying they are not deliverable, i am losing here also, all the money i have paid to ship them over and ever again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -