Gutted the interior

Old 03-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks guys!!!!

I scored a rebuilt stock slap shifter for the Camaro. Picked it up on ePay from a place that takes them all apart, sandblasts and replaces anything worn out. They also rechrome the shifter handle. I was looking at aftermarket shifters but for $150 this shifter fits the bill.

Heres the current setup, B&M Ratchet shifter in its own box.

Doing a little mockup with the repaired and dyed console

My biggest concern was that this car was originally a 4 speed and the hump is still there. I was happy that I just need to hammer down the left rear corner of the hump to get the stock shifter to line up properly with the console.

Rear console brackets were drilled and sheet metal screwed to the floor

Looks nice! I am waiting on a new console bucket, lid and a shifter cable. I just used a screwdriver in the B&M shift cable to pull it out of the garage. Hopefully the rest of my parts show up this week.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 03-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Well got back from vacation late Friday night and all my parts to finish the console were in the mailbox! Spent a few hours just making sure everything was lined up right. With the 4-speed hump still on the floor the console actually sits back about 1/2 farther than stock but you cant tell unless you look under the dash where I modified the mounting brackets. Looks good but the new OER console lid is a shade off so I will dye it next weekend. Hopefully I will get to take a maiden voyage next weekend.

Starting a back deck remodel at home this week so the seat upholstery will have to wait till thats finished. Need to order a nice set but the material doesnt need to be original, any suggestions will help. Going to attempt to do the myself.
Heres some driveway shots, I am liking the stance, thought about lowering the front but I am afraid the headers are gonna hit if I do.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:42 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Man,that console and shifter really set off that whole interior. I have never been a big fan of aftermarket shifters.I always considered them a necessary evil. That setup you did looks great!
Old 03-18-2012, 05:26 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Lookin' good Chris. Hopfully this weather stays like this so you can get it out soon.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Well I got a GREAT deal on a set of front seats from a member on the NastyZ forum after I was just initially looking for some seat tracks. He had already put new comfortweave upholstery on them, dyed all the plastics and the tracks are in excellent shape. I took my old seats out Sunday and popped the new ones in. Now all thats left is to get some matching back seat upholstery and put in a new headliner.

I did finally get to take her out for a short cruise Sunday afternoon. Been a long time since I have driven a car with a high rpm stall converter, takes some getting used to. But she drove great, nothing fell off, fell out, leaked, overheated or exploded! That big block has plenty of power and torque! I need to put a set of tailpipes on it though, dont like the exhaust drone with the mufflers dumping before

Old 03-31-2012, 05:17 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I scored a set of rear PUI seat covers to match the front seats I purchased last week. Decided to try and do them myself. It was easier than I thought. I have to get a steamer today to get some of the wrinkles out but I am more than happy with the results.
Here is my original back seat (not original to the car since the covers were date coded 1978)

The cushions and frames were in good shape. All of this took me about a hour and a half to do. I have done about everything on a car but never recovered seats.

Here they are installed, I love the cottonweave seats and they are a heck of a lot cooler on a summer day than straight vinyl! Next and final step is a new headliner than the interior will be done and it will be time to add some tunes.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:45 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

BEAUTIFUL 'Bone !
Anything left to do before cruuuuuzin time ?
Old 03-31-2012, 09:38 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

dwaine she's just about done, I am gonna take her out later today and stretch her legs a bit. I need to get to the exhaust shop next weekend and get some tailpipes installed, cant stand the exhaust drone with it dumping before the rear axle. I need a few spots touched up on the paint so she will probably head to the paint shop in a few weeks. I have 2 15x8 Corvette Rally wheels, have to find some 15x7's for the front. I want to powdercoat them orange, put dogdish hubcaps on and leave off the trim rings.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:11 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Pulled the car out last Sunday, washed off a winters worth of dust and grime, gave her a little detailing. Installed my new reproduction center caps on the wheels and a set of front bumper "fangs" from Muscle Car Industries. Ordered a new car cover from California Car Covers. I thinks she almost ready for some car shows, cruise ins and maybe, just maybe a trip to the track!

Old 05-03-2012, 04:51 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

picked up some 15x8 and 15x7 corvette rally wheels. had them powdercoated orange and just had some new tires put on today. went with a 275/60r15 on the back and a 235/60r15 on the front. hope to get them mounted up tonight and then will decide if i want to get some police style dogdish caps or just leave them plain, no rings, no caps?

I like the look! I am gonna have to roll the right rear fender lip, barely rubbed on a big country road dip.

heres a quick video walk around. I had my exhaust guy install 3" tailpipes last weekend to get the noise and drone out of the interior and it looks and sounds great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khIxBA-PAss

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -