New Members Signing Up,Newbie Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 03:56 AM
bbbentley
SHOW GUEST

Email to seller sent 12-26:

“Michael, got lifters today. I hope there can be an understanding between us and a return of my money sent and I just return these lifters.
When you advertised this item the ad clearly stated that the lifters were new. The lifters are clearly not new and not Isky either. Not sure why you would claim these parts and box new?”

No response as of today 12-29
Further evidence that seller is not being honest or trying to resolve this. Good thing I paid with USPS. I’ll start a fraud investigation today.

If someone can show me how to post pictures, I’ve got the evidence.

Last edited by bbbentley; 12-29-2017 at 04:26 AM.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:44 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Click on the picture icon, looks like a pic of a tree, and either ull ove from your computer or a URL address. If you can not figure it out shoot me message and I will give you my email address and post them up for you.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 12-29-2017, 04:46 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Now I am confused since the ad clearly states "I found an antique set of Ed Iskenderian lifters in my shop. The box has some age, but the lifters seem to be in ok shape. I would be hesitant to put these into service, though. I think that they would be better used by putting them on display in a man cave. They still have the original instruction sheet. Fit Pontiac, Chevy and old Fords. Local pick up, or will ship at your expense.(about $9.00)
"
I do not see anywhere in the ad that it says they are new????

Old 12-29-2017, 05:30 AM
bbbentley
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by Harbone View Post
Now I am confused since the ad clearly states "I found an antique set of Ed Iskenderian lifters in my shop. The box has some age, but the lifters seem to be in ok shape. I would be hesitant to put these into service, though. I think that they would be better used by putting them on display in a man cave. They still have the original instruction sheet. Fit Pontiac, Chevy and old Fords. Local pick up, or will ship at your expense.(about $9.00)
"
I do not see anywhere in the ad that it says they are new????
Right at the top where it has location. Below that it says CONDITION- NEW
Statement that lifters are ok. Ok to throw away is what it should say. To say that they are ok means the are new or usable.
Sounds like you are taking the sellers side so no use in saying anymore. Probably your relative or buddy?

In all correspondences, never was the word “used” or “worn” used to describe anything offered for sale. I certainly have better things to use my money on than $50 for a box! And you are a Moderator? I guess you are the one to help since you can't read? Thanks a lot. (Sarcasm tempered by anger). Reread the whole ad and tell me if “ used” or “ new” is used in the ad?

Last edited by bbbentley; 12-29-2017 at 05:44 AM.
Old 12-29-2017, 05:46 AM
bbbentley
SHOW GUEST

https://www.racingjunk.com/Lifters/1...Gone-Gone.html
Old 12-29-2017, 12:31 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

No buddy or relative of mine but the line that clearly states " I would be hesitant to put these into service, though. I think that they would be better used by putting them on display in a man cave" Would have made think twice about using them in anything.
A brand new set of lifers from Jegs is $50, why take the chance on a set of lifters that are old and have no guarantee?
Box is cool though!

Old 12-29-2017, 02:11 PM
bbbentley
SHOW GUEST

Now I understand your tag line better. Where you come from reading comprehension must mean you are gifted? And not normal? I’ll let it go at that. Like I said , done with the likes of your type and this site.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:17 PM
bbbentley
SHOW GUEST

Further, I didnt know it was a moderator’s job to proselytize. You have no right to tell me what to buy or what to do with what I buy. But in case I ever meet you in public I’ll save these so I can tell you what to do with them.

And irrespective of anything else written in the ad, you refuse to acknowledge the word NEW used to describe the condition. With a Moderator like you, I can see why this site is full of scammer complaints

Last edited by bbbentley; 12-29-2017 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:44 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I see the word new, I was just posting the other obvious terminology in the ad. Feel free to tell me what to do with them when you see me next time

Old 01-02-2018, 10:04 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bbbentley View Post
Further, I didnt know it was a moderator’s job to proselytize. You have no right to tell me what to buy or what to do with what I buy. But in case I ever meet you in public I’ll save these so I can tell you what to do with them.

And irrespective of anything else written in the ad, you refuse to acknowledge the word NEW used to describe the condition. With a Moderator like you, I can see why this site is full of scammer complaints
Seriously dude. I don't know you but if anyone around here could or would help a guy with a scammer it would be Chris. You jumping down his throat because you screwed yourself is asinine. Even if they were new they were still antique. Why would you think they were worth putting in an engine? You being through with this site is a good thing in my opinion. Of which we all have.

Curtis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -