Old 07-24-2012, 05:06 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default Got a wheel gun ?

Check out this unit;

https://www.tuffproducts.com/product...cat=265&page=1

Video;
http://www.kiristudios.com/Clients/Tuff/Tuff.mov

Mine were just shipped today, will give a field report when they get here.
357Mag and 12gage
Old 07-25-2012, 07:08 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Maybe a good Idea, maybe not, depending on what you're doing with the gun that takes that kind of ammo.

If you have a wheel gun for self defense, basically, you have 5 or 6 rounds to get you out of trouble. That's why most law enforcement and people who have to depend on their handgun went to semi-autos . . they have another 13-16 rounds on hand very quickly in a second magazine.

However, if you, as a civilian, need more than 5 or 6 rounds in any kind of situation, you either needed to learn to be proficient with the gun you're using or you're in a gunfight you shouldn't have gotten into . . Should've taken a rifle (or a Shotgun) to the fight.

Which brings me to another observation. The Shooter in Colorado was a nerd, which, I'm sure, saved a lot of lives in that theatre that night. He opted for a high Cap "Drum Magazine" for his AR . . All that "handy" sh*t doesn't work. If it did, you'd see drum mags on all of the military weaponry. The straighter the feed, the more reliable. High capacity and quick reloading won't replace accuracy with any firearm, which usually separates the men from the boys when the sh*t hits the fan . .

Hot tip, Ruger LM 9mm w/ laser sight. 6 rounds where you want 'em, when you need 'em! Little bitty sucker but easy to shoot, fills the hand . . or the pocket . .
Old 07-25-2012, 04:11 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Looks like the perfect ankle gun ! Just what I've been looking for. Thanks for posting that !
Old 07-25-2012, 04:21 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

LC9 writeup and testing;

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/r...9-9mm-pistols/
Old 07-27-2012, 07:28 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

drums look cool as hell but i got one for my ak and i cant get more than a few shots off before i gotta throw the damn gun at them instead of shooting at them.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:27 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

That's what happened to the Colorado shooter. Drum mag and weapon jammed, then he switched to a Remington 870 and really did some damage.

Got my QuickStrips. The 357 strips; The design allows for ease of carrying in a pocket or two, or a QS pouch on your belt. Hardly any more room than a mag. I've not used a speed loader so don't know which is faster, probably the speed loader, but the ease of carry requires a special pouch and they'd be bulky in your pocket.
The 12g QS allows for ease of carry in a pouch or Bail Out bag in a qty of 6 rounds each.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:09 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

well i prefer a revolver. no jammin.but if i cant stop someone with 6 shots im dead anyway.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:06 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Im with Outlaw on this one. I dont trust an auto to work 100% of the time. Love my revolvers. Never had one not go off...yet.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:27 PM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Pardon Me . . it is a Ruger "LC" . . I knew it was one of those letters! Just never looked . .

On th' Auto and reliability thing. The old six shooter or revolver is great if you like them . . but, kinda "klunky" when you're trying to pack one without all the whiny people noticing and recoiling in fright . . Nothing like a Target grip on a "L" frame in a shoulder trap to look outa place . . Heh, heh . . Never could figger out how "Dirty Harry' could hide that 6" Model 29 under that corduroy jacket . . again, with target grips (rosewood, even)

If you have any doubts about the reliability of your auto, take it out and rack off a clip full as fast as they'll come out of the gun for about 3-4 clips . . If it's got a propensity to hang, that'll generally do it . . Biggest problem, usually is the feed ramp feeding HPs (or semi jacketeds) up into the chamber. Recoil and dirt will cause one to hang about half way through the clip, especially if you keep that clip loaded all the time. Keeping the mag spring compressed all the time ain't really good for them . . nor is keeping a high cap mag full all the time . .
Old 08-01-2012, 06:45 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Lots of spare clips and cycle them full in your pistol, then empty and at rest in your drawer. Just like storing your hot rod for any length of time, relax the springs(valve) lets them live longer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -