CSR vrs Meziere

Old 02-09-2010, 02:10 PM
gnsrule
SENIOR BUILDER

Thanks for all the input guys. This is exzactly what i was looking for. I know some guys like brand A, and some brand B. Granted I havent had a problem in the 3 yrs running a CSR buy just looking for some info as to whether or no to buy another one.
Please keep it comeing

Craig
Old 02-09-2010, 03:13 PM
EXPERT BUILDER

this same csr vs meziere chat is going on over on yb right now also ... there is several post of csr issues.

So get a Meziere!!!

My CSR is 3 seasons old with no problems so far. May fly all to pieces next time I turn it on, but I will get another one.

I know you have seen stock Chevy/Ford/ whatever last for years and years AND others start leaking before the first oil change. That is my point.
Now I'm done with it 8)
Old 02-19-2010, 12:51 PM
ashtrak
MASTER BUILDER

CSR makes a high volume pump like Meziere
Old 02-21-2010, 06:18 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Dave,
My water filler neck was leaking this year too. I went to a 34 pound cap and that solved the problem.

Originally Posted by hammertime
My CSR is a POS .. it started making noise this year, I called to get a replacement motor, every shop I called said 3 weeks ouch !! But if you call CSR you can get one right away only cost more money then from Jegs, Summit,Motorstate grr

My water fill neck (csr) is also leaking .. they'd never seen one leak, a buddy has a brand new one leaks same spot, he called .. they had never seen one leak.

When this thing finally goes I will be replacing with a Meziere
Old 02-28-2010, 07:48 PM
SG7126
SHOW GUEST

We have both... the csr came free... Ill use it.. as for buying a new one??? The Meziere family are wonderfull people,and long time racers, with are GREAT product. I would never buy anything else. best products weve ever used. Unsurpassed product support. Dont even get me started talking about there new starter...wow... awsome... At least give them a call directly.. see who your dealing with.. Just my opinion...thanks
Old 03-08-2010, 04:08 PM
quick8dragster07
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

sounds like a vendetta that hammertime has with the csr's.. But I've been running them on every car I've ever raced and haven't had a bit of trouble, matter of fact we ran one for 4 years on a car that had it on it when we bought it, and when we sold the car, it was still running.. Just saying I've never had a problem, and if I did jeg's would take it right back on warranty and ship a new one the next day! haha I love jegs..

~Matt
Old 03-09-2010, 12:45 AM
gnsrule
SENIOR BUILDER

[quote="kod99"]Dave,
My water filler neck was leaking this year too. I went to a 34 pound cap and that solved the problem.

How could that posably be ?
Old 03-09-2010, 06:01 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by quick8dragster07
sounds like a vendetta that hammertime has with the csr's..

~Matt
your right Matt .. I wanted to have a "vendetta" so bad, I made my filler neck leak and my water pump need a motor .... my wallet must think the samething .. I have a "vendetta" ask it also, I have to having to take money out of it to fix them issues

:roll: :roll: :roll: :!: :arrow: :!:
Old 03-10-2010, 01:15 PM
quick8dragster07
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

David, I didn't say you "wanted" to have a vendetta with them sir, and I'm not going to get into a 'posting battle' with you either. You know as well as I do that any drag racing car is going to require maintenance, including water pumps, whether it has a csr or meziere it. You might be the unlucky guy that got the one lemon out of a hundred and that sucks, but that's the way it sometimes goes, unfortunately.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:18 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime

My water fill neck (csr) is also leaking .. they'd never seen one leak, a buddy has a brand new one leaks same spot, he called .. they had never seen one leak.
Maybe you missed that part

I agree everyone has issues but its how they want to take care of them is what makes a place stand apart ... CSR motors were not to be had from anyone for 2-3weeks but they had plenty on the shelf, whats that tell ya ?!?! It tells me they want you to buy from them only

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -