Bad deal with BKSBUDMAN

Old 10-04-2010, 01:30 PM
jjam
CRAFTSMAN

Default Bad deal with BKSBUDMAN

I got a 950cfm Holley carb from him, and when I got the carb. I noticed the base was broke and re-welded back. I asked him if he knew that this was damaged and he said you should have asked if something was wrong with the carb. before you bought it... He would not give me a refund or replace the broken part on the carb. So beware of this guy and ask 50,000 questions, "HE SAID THE CARB. WAS LIKE NEW" wow, new but broke... just tells you there are some bad people out there in the racer community (very few) his time will come.....
Old 10-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Hey JJam-

Sorry to hear about your dilemma. Question: did you buy it from here? If so, do you have an Ad#? Any other relevant info... I think it would be good to invite the seller here & see if he will make this right.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:06 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

DRAG THE SCUMBAG THRU HERE--WE IS HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 10:40 AM
jjam
CRAFTSMAN

yea, here was his add number from the Racing Junk Site...Ad #1982497
Old 10-09-2010, 05:38 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I sent him a message let's see if he responds :!: I looked at the pics of the carb and you can see where it has been repaired :!: JMO Mark
Old 10-09-2010, 07:25 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Holley 850 HP Series Double Pumper Carb for sale. Carb is in fantastic shape and was just on a running motor 3 weeks ago. The list numbers on the carb are: 80496. The carb has notched floats and jet extentions. If you have any questions, please call me at: 757-328-0090. Thanks for looking! -

this is off the add---NOTICE THE SECOND SENTENCE---CARB IS IN [FANTASTIC]-SHAPE :shock: :shock:

RIGHT[I AM COMPLETELY SORRY THAT THESE WORDS CAME FROM A HONOR PAYING SELLER] :cry: :cry: --THIS FINE EXAMPLE HAS SHOWN MY THOUGHTS WRONG ON TRUSTED SELLERS] ops: ops:

IF THE CARB WAS REPAIRED AND YOU WERE A SMARTELLECK TO THE BUYER AS TOLD ON HERE -- THEN YOU MY HONOR PAYING SELLER ARE A CROOKED SELLER :? :?

GIVE THE MAN HIS MONEY BACK-PERIOD :idea: :idea: THAT WAY YOU STAY HONEST!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:09 PM
BKSBUDMAN
SHOW GUEST

Hey all,
I did say that the carb was in fantastic shape and it was when I sold it. Yes, the base plate had been broken and rewelded at one point, which was BEFORE I bought it. The carb works great as is, which is EXACTLY how it sat on my motor. The carb pictured is the EXACT carb that I sold to the buyer. At no time during our emails, or PHONE CALLS did he ask about the broken and rewelded base plate PICTURED. I certainly would have told him that YES, in fact, it had been broken at one time and fixed (properly at that). I was even asking $400.oo for the carb and because the seller seemed like a very cool guy on the phone, I told him that not only would I let him have it for $350.00, I would also ship it to him Priority. - This is what really pisses me off about this all....I talked to him on the phone about the exact carb pictured, gave him a good deal, and now he is trying to get you all to beleive that I screwed him!! Yes, I am an honor paying seller which should speak of my character. What I beleive is that once the buyer received the carb, he realized that it is not pretty enough to go on his "show car". I am sorry for all of the confusion and the fact that you all have been mislead. I am a quality person with a very honest name in my community. Have a great day. Take care!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:38 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Wrong! You knew the base plate was broken before you listed it. Without question, you should have put it in your description. If it is in fact going on a show car, that would be a real pisser for anyone.

If you consider this "fantastic" then I question your judgement in evaluating your parts.
This low dollar item can quite possibly damage to your hard earned credibility should you not take care of this.
Hopefully, you two can work out an amicable solution to this matter.
Good luck men.

Originally Posted by BKSBUDMAN
Hey all,
I did say that the carb was in fantastic shape and it was when I sold it. Yes, the base plate had been broken and rewelded at one point, which was BEFORE I bought it. The carb works great as is, which is EXACTLY how it sat on my motor. The carb pictured is the EXACT carb that I sold to the buyer. At no time during our emails, or PHONE CALLS did he ask about the broken and rewelded base plate PICTURED. I certainly would have told him that YES, in fact, it had been broken at one time and fixed (properly at that). I was even asking $400.oo for the carb and because the seller seemed like a very cool guy on the phone, I told him that not only would I let him have it for $350.00, I would also ship it to him Priority. - This is what really pisses me off about this all....I talked to him on the phone about the exact carb pictured, gave him a good deal, and now he is trying to get you all to beleive that I screwed him!! Yes, I am an honor paying seller which should speak of my character. What I beleive is that once the buyer received the carb, he realized that it is not pretty enough to go on his "show car". I am sorry for all of the confusion and the fact that you all have been mislead. I am a quality person with a very honest name in my community. Have a great day. Take care!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:00 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

SORRY-BUT-AN HONEST SELLER WOULD HAVE LISTED IN THE ADD THATTHE BASE HAD BEEN REPAIRED[WETHER IT WAS DONE PROPERLY DOES NOT MATTER AT THIS TIME]--YOU SOUND LIKE OUR GREAT[ PELOSI]--YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT IT -AFTER -YOU GET IT!!!

you should give the man his money back or a GOOD base!!

your honor means nothing until your honor is proven 8) 8)

LIVELY
Old 10-23-2010, 04:39 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

welllllllll--did this deal get settled??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -