Window net question

Old 05-12-2009, 05:42 PM
markadams
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Window net question

I am finishing my first CM tube chassis build and need to select a window net. Which is the easiest to install and to use? Where do you latch yours? Front, top? I have never used or installed one. The chassis is almost ready for paint, so I can still weld on brackets. Thanks! Mark
Old 05-13-2009, 10:13 AM
bryanm
JUNIOR BUILDER

Mine installs on the front top with the seat belt type buckle. I am pretty happy with it I see a lot of guys use the latch type though. I guess it is just personal preference.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:33 PM
promod45
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default net

if you are running a funny car cage you might call the net company and get a 1/2 size net as you dont need a full one if you are running a funny car cage, i like the one chassis works sells its a pin in the top front, i personally dont like the look of the seat belt buckle, i like the clean look the pin gives you from chassis works,,good luck
Old 05-13-2009, 05:18 PM
markadams
JUNIOR BUILDER

Good point promod, it is a funny car style cage. I will check with chassis works. I have not been on their site yet. Thanks
Old 05-25-2009, 01:32 PM
chevyfireball
MASTER BUILDER

I use a seat belt type fitting at the front but with four layer gloves on I seriously doubt I could release it in an emergency.