midsouthhotrodz at it again?

Old 06-15-2010, 03:56 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Maybe so but atleast I'm not a maniac!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-15-2010, 04:36 PM
midsouthhotrods
SENIOR BUILDER

Seth I see you took that mid south hot rodz off your pic you better take it off of your name or they will be wanting you to buy them a motor...lol J/K I did not say anything bad about you, Think back I am the one who told them you were a good kid and not jason back when everyone was tearing you apart....lol I will give everyone an update later. Anthony did talk to the guy today and they are working on it. He said he took off the ad he has posted about anthony.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:23 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

James we're just messin around and yea I remember that!! And hope they get everything settled on that trade but meanwhile I'll guess I'll see yall at Pickwick this Sat.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:04 PM
midsouthhotrods
SENIOR BUILDER

I know and I am too. We may not be able to afford gas to go to Pickwick after we buy this guy a $10,000 engine to make him happy....lol
Old 06-15-2010, 08:25 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Dang tell that guy to give yall about 4,000 dollars because that 496 isn't a 10,000 dollar engine!!! or at least I don't think it is I mean heck you might as well give him the 496 back and go buy yall a 19,000 dollar 632 Big Block w/900hp and its got aluminum heads out of Competition Products!!!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:31 PM
midsouthhotrods
SENIOR BUILDER

ok I want everyones imput on this. 1st time Anthony talked to him today he wanted $2000. next time he wants a 406 engine, Anthony told him he know someone that had one the guy said he did not want that one he wanted one that his cousin had that had all forged stuff in it. They have gone back and forth all day now i am lost..lol Here is what I think.

(1) I do not believe the van had a bone stock 305 in it. I never drove the van but I did launch it off in the driveway a couple of times. I have videos of it running whatever it was it was not stock. I do understand u can put a big cam in a 305 and make it sound good.

(2) The guy asked Anthony several times on the phone about the engine. He told him to look at the freeze plugs, The way the astro van was made you could not see them because of the way the engine sat in it. he asked me about the balancer. I told him it was not a 400 balancer that is was a aftermarket fluid dampaner. (it was) I told him that the intake and carb had been changed, I also told him that I did not think that the engine had been changed because the bolts that held the radiator support did not look like they had been out since the van was painted and that is the only way to get the motor out of the van. the only reason I am saying this is if the guy had doubts about the engine why didn't he look at it when he got here? Anthony asked him to go over and check out the van and he said I am not worried about the van I used to have one and I want another one. I don't care about checking it out. Ok, with that said I am not saying it is his fault. I am saying there are 4 people to blame if the van did have a different engine in it. 1st off the guy Anthony gut the van from changed alot of stuff on it, I do know that for sure and that is my fault for not looking but they got here with it about 8pm and it was raining and I had already told Anthony not to trade for the van and I did not like it. I think if the engine had been changed it is also Anthony's and my fault for not running the numbers to make sure what the engine was but again I never messed with it much because I did not like it, last I think part of the blame goes to the guy who got it for not looking when he had doubts about it. I could see if he bought it sight unseen and had a shipper bring it he would not be at fault at all.

(3) I think Anthony should make it right that is his deal but buying the guy a new engine from his cousin who we do not know I think is going way behond doing the right thing. i think buying a motor at all is going way to far. Anthony has a adjustable NOS kit with 2 bottles and adjust up to 500 shot. I told him to give it to the guy and call it even. I think that is fair. I want everyones opinion good or bad. I am a big boy I can take it if u guys think I am wrong..lol very big guy if you count wide.. nit very tall but very wide ...lol

(4) I know I have wrote a book here but there is so much more to this story but i am going to stop please let me know what u guys thing. Yes you too seth..lol
Old 06-15-2010, 08:34 PM
midsouthhotrods
SENIOR BUILDER

I am not sure it is a 496 how can I tell what it is. I could be a 396 I do not know. i do know there are alot of things about the car that are not what he said but it does feel strong but I will bet money it wont run what he said and I know it wont with the mickey thompson Sportsman tires that are on it. They won't hook nothing.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:46 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Thats what I'm saying theres got to be something wrong with the car I mean look at it

And heres what the man got for his 85 Camaro

Now is it me or would you trade I know I wouldn't have traded a 496 BBC Camaro thats supposed to run in the 5's for a 1988 Astro Van with a 406(305)!!!

Sounds a little to good to be true I'd get the car checked out!!! Or is this man just found out he has an ugly a** van with a 305 and found out he got the sour end of the pickle!!!! And wishes he wouldn't have traded!!!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:48 PM
midsouthhotrods
SENIOR BUILDER

that may be the case.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:11 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

I keep reading these threads and there is a common theme; someone didnt represent this or that correctly and now they have to make it right.

Indeed you should represent the car to the best of your knowledge and say so, and here is a really unique idea- How about a Bill of sale. You can download one off the web or even the DMV and all you need to do is add wording that says the buyer had the right to inspect and is accepting the vehicle in "as is" condition. And it doesnt have to be notarized, it can be witnessed.

Its not that big of a deal and I know that typing it in MS WORD is not a challenge as everyone can bang the keyboards on this forum.

If you dont sell the vehicle with a piece of paper confirming the deal and protecting yourself; then really who should you blame?

Easy answer. Yourself.

Scorp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -