not what you would think

Old 03-08-2014, 11:36 AM
gmanxss
SENIOR BUILDER

No title needed for your car in GA.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:30 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

It use to be 15 years or older only required a bill of sale. I've had written several, but it's been a while.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:34 PM
csx8506
SENIOR BUILDER

AJK,
For what I got for it, it'd be a pretty short party!! But, if the car was in California, we could have partied all nite!!!!! dgh
Old 03-10-2014, 10:02 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Some good advice listed here.
I like the idea of a certified letter, followed by an ad in his local paper giving him 30 days and then sell it.

Take his funds and put them into a savings account. If he ever contacts you back you can say in good faith that you tried and you can give him back his money (keep the interest). If you don't hear back in 7 years or so, you have a growing fund for kid's college or retirement.

JMO
Old 03-11-2014, 12:08 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

just Curious .. but how much did it sell for, i meen are we talking 500.00 or 50k ?
Old 03-11-2014, 07:10 PM
csx8506
SENIOR BUILDER

BigRay,
We certainly aren't talking 50K! But just a little under 1K. In spite of it being locked up indoors for the last 25-30yrs, it sat outside all of it's life before that. In the South, we have very high humidity, and it took it's toll on the car.
It's all original. It's a 1940 Chevy Sedan Delivery. It's all there, including the original hubcaps. There's a few dings on it, and a couple big dents from a tree limb falling on it when stored outside. The running boards are the worst parts, they are for all practical purposes, rusted away. All the glass is still there, but needs replacing.
The man I got the car from, bought it new. He was a jack of all trades, and kept his plumbing supplies in it after he got a newer vehicle. So, over time, it just sunk down into the Georgia dirt, under a huge oak tree.
He actually had two of these types of cars, using them for storage. The other was a 1936 Chevy Panel Delivery. I think that's what it was. It had two rear doors. I wanted that one, but he sold it and then told me he'd give me the 1940! So, I took him up on his generous offer. I got a rollback, took it home, pressure washed it, dried it in the summer sun for a few days, and it's been in the same secure building ever since.
I was going to hot rod it, but over the years, I changed my mind. Now I'm into drag racing, and at my age, I'm not going to ever get around to working on it. I'm not into "rat rods", but it would make a great one!
The main reason for selling it, is so someone could get some use out of it. I hate seeing old cars rust completely away, or whatever, and no one get any use out of them. dgh
Old 03-13-2014, 11:53 AM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

wow. cool responce. i knew of a 67 GTO years ago. the old man allways said not for sale, gonna fix it up some day. so time went by,,, and i wound up buying it from his son. whene the old guy passed away.. sad, but time catches up with ya, gave 1000.oo for it. 3 deuce set up and air, and drove it home..
Old 03-14-2014, 10:25 PM
andrewaust
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

What are his contact details, I live in Austarlia, may be I can trya nd contact him from here?
PM me