Just have to brag a little

Old 03-08-2011, 02:36 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

id like to thank your son for his service. without people like him where would we be?he is the caretaker of my freedom and i thank him. glad hes home safe.i pulled up to a little store last week to get a coke and some smokes, there was 3 boys in uniform there. as they got in their truck i stopped them and thanked them for what they were doing, and i shook all their hands. one boy had tears in his eyes. made me want to give him a hug.but how the hell would that look.lol
Old 03-08-2011, 12:26 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by txhunter69
my brother is in the military and am glad to say i have no clue what it feels like to have a fellow family member come home safe because my brother has yet to be shipped out but im glad to see another american man has made it home safely and with a bronze star too boot

my grandfather also recieved a bronze star and from what he tells me it is a very high honor that shows valor and courage. tell your son thank you and also what batalion does he serve in?
Sorry I missed your question before. He is with the 2-17 Cav 101st.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:57 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

I started this thread quite a while ago about my older son. My younger son has turned out to be a great young man also. He is a Paramedic with EMSA in Tulsa, Ok. Here is what he and his EMT ran into this morning. They did a great Job. I had to brag on him too.

http://kjrh.m0bl.net/w/local/story/83765831/#top
Old 01-30-2013, 03:32 PM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Tell him thanks for the service and the freedom...congrats on the bronze. Glad to here he's home and safe.

Robert and Vickie Price
Palm Bay Fla.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:15 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Congratulations and welcome home.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:17 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

A SALUTE to both your sons of America, Curtis. First responders come in all shapes and forms and are all around U.S. They and are at the very top of the Respect ladder in my book.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:32 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks guys.

You are right YB, all of you guys who have answered the call, be it military or the front lines at home have my thanks and respect.

On one hand I was so proud of my son being unarmed and holding a guy on PCP, then on the other hand it scares the crap out of me the places they have to go.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:00 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Glad he is home & safe Curtis. Good news...
Old 02-08-2014, 05:48 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

This is an old thread that I started about my son when he was in the military. He has since gotten out as of last 7 July. He has gotten married (which is the main reason he wanted to get out) and was just accepted into Oklahoma State University in there Medical School program. He is going in for his MD in emergency medicine. He is super excited and ready to go. He will start with the new class in August.

curtis
Old 02-08-2014, 09:54 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

OUTSTANDING ! Tell him "Welcome Home" for usn's at Team 61 Race Cars....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -