olds

Old 11-07-2009, 07:20 PM
jman2009
SHOW GUEST

Default olds

any olds guys out there.I recently tradded 4 an 1964 f-85 with a 330 ci. motor want to put a electronic dist. GM which one will work? need 4 barrel intake. thanks im a mopar man .
Old 11-08-2009, 02:28 AM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Recovering olds engine builder

All Olds small blocks but the aluminum 215 share the same block dimensions. You can use a distributor from any small block olds engine including the 260, 307,350 or a 403. I exempted the 330 because it did not come with a electronic system.
In addition to distributors, you can also interchange the timing chains, and timing chain covers, water pumps, harmonic balancer's, oil pans, cam shafts (except the different bank angle 330 and 425), oil pumps, cam bearings and flex plates between the big block and small blocks.
Bruce
Old 11-09-2009, 11:52 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

If your looking to do anything to that OLDS performance wise your man is Dick Miller @ www.dickmillerracing.com

Cp
Old 11-10-2009, 11:47 AM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Miller is a joke

Originally Posted by cepx111
If your looking to do anything to that OLDS performance wise your man is Dick Miller @ www.dickmillerracing.com

Cp
No offense to cepx111 what so ever, but dick miller could not carry my lunch box or any one elses that does there own stuff. He is a market driven Mondello follower that got thrown out of the mondello circle a few years ago. Not a bad thing to be removed from, but dick is not the man on olds, or any automotive suspensions, that is for sure. I recommend the path that got you the correct answer the first time here. It is lots cheaper and not based on what we have in stock today. If you can stand him, Dave Smith actually is a very cleaver olds engine builder, just don't be in a hurry with him. His wife Karen is wonderful though.
Reguards
Bruce
Old 11-11-2009, 09:23 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Names Charlie and no offense taken.

I have raced with Dick, done work for him when I worked at Southern Performance, seems like a real nice guy. I wasn't aware he was 'out of the loop' now.

I do know the car he built with 'his parts' does well for what it is. 6.90's in the 1/8 W/ a virtually bone stock pump gas motor aint nothing to sneeze at partner.

I think he's 2nd or 3rd in points @ Holly Springs drag strip in the no box class.

Just trying to help.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:46 AM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Thank you Charlie, Just to give race junkers some foundation to my comment. I know Dick as well, and have been to his house in Jackson MI prior to his divorce several years back. I agree that Dick is a real nice guy, just not an engine builder or suspension expert of any sort. When he drove his high 10 second tube chassis cutlass in the the wall at norwalk raceway park in 95,96? with a passenger in the car that won Dicks contest to ride in his car. I did win the pro no box category that year. Dick had no idea why his tube chassis light weight car drove left into the wall 100' out with a 180# passenger in the car? What, are you serious, you don't know why the left turn. Any how, these are Dicks roots in the race car business. The parts he sells are common pieces available at jegs or = and is just another retailer of parts like summit is. He can win the points for the next 10 years and that would not make him a more knowledgeable engine builder. Best I can tell his knowledge is mostly in computer tec as he advertises on his own site, go figure. Again, Nice guy, computer expert, car enthuseis, parts retailer, not a olds performance guru by any stretch.
Bruce