Hello!

Old 05-14-2007, 03:45 PM
BillGlidden
SHOW GUEST

Told Dad about folks saying hello. He obviously says hello back! I am working a few ideas to get him out to the races, or atleast involved in racing? Thats where his thoughts are alot, he talks to folks everywhere and still keeps as close as he can, without being there. hehehe!!! Thanks everyone, BG
Old 05-14-2007, 03:53 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by BillGlidden
Told Dad about folks saying hello. He obviously says hello back! I am working a few ideas to get him out to the races, or atleast involved in racing? Thats where his thoughts are alot, he talks to folks everywhere and still keeps as close as he can, without being there. hehehe!!! Thanks everyone, BG
Thanks Bill for telling your Dad about us,asking about him.

Maybe you could talk Dad into getting on here and giving us a shout here at RJ,we'd love to have the legendary Bob Glidden stop in and join up and say hello.
What do you think guys,wouldn't this be totally awesome? :idea:

Imagine that Bob Glidden here with us Nobodys.Well Next to Bill he is truely someone. 8)
Old 05-14-2007, 04:50 PM
jbsjunk
EXPERT BUILDER

I am working a few ideas to get him out to the races, or at least involved in racing. Thanks everyone, BG
I remember a year or so ago, your dad taking test laps in your car, and turning in faster times than most people, really brought a smile to my face. Can never get the racing out of him no matter what you do. 8)

I met you and your wife I believe at a race in Michigan a few years ago, got one of your Glidden Racing Engines shirts then. It's one of my faves, I wear it to Chevy shows just to rile people up. :lol:
Old 05-14-2007, 04:59 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by topsportsman1
Thanks Bill for telling your Dad about us,asking about him.

Maybe you could talk Dad into getting on here and giving us a shout here at RJ,we'd love to have the legendary Bob Glidden stop in and join up and say hello.
What do you think guys,wouldn't this be totally awesome? :idea:

Imagine that Bob Glidden here with us Nobodys.Well Next to Bill he is truely someone. 8)
That would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!

I would definately enjoy talking to him.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:56 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

are we talking about the same bob glidden that flipped his car like 50 times and got out and covered his intake with his racing jacket?
Old 05-15-2007, 06:15 AM
3dracing
MASTER BUILDER

Yep, at Atlanta I think. When you get old sometimes you don't remember things completely.

Steve
Old 05-15-2007, 08:33 AM
bigg
SHOW GUEST

Atlanta 86 i think opposite Butch Leal if i remember right
Old 05-15-2007, 08:38 AM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lookingaround
are we talking about the same bob glidden that flipped his car like 50 times and got out and covered his intake with his racing jacket?
Yes this is the "Legendary" Bob Glidden.
I remember seeing this on tv I was glad he wasn't hurt,thats was a "classic" thing he done getting out of the car and covering up the intake system with his fire jacket 8)
Old 05-15-2007, 08:43 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

I remember it as well....

Bob had some of the fastest cars of his time and he is one of the all time greats in my opinion 8)
Old 05-15-2007, 03:20 PM
SEVENDMACH1
JUNIOR BUILDER

My Dec. 2005 interview with Bob Glidden in Gainesville Fla.

http://www.jimmybiggstv.com/yourway/...%20florida.wmv

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -