just ordered new APD CARB

Old 10-27-2007, 01:08 PM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

Hey Brian, I sent a message to those guy's at APD, wanting to buy a new alky carb last week and haven't heard anything from them. Guess they don't like us Texas boy's. :lol:
Old 10-28-2007, 05:44 AM
elkymann
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default One change at a time bj.....

Hey Juice,

I forgot to mention that, well, to really get good data on what works and what doesn't, you should do one change at a time, and by changing the intake, and converting to alcohol, you will have lost you knowledge of what did what and how much, but then again, I understand the excitment when your brain gets going and new parts arrive, been there
I am not saying yeah, or nea to the Team G, but my Team G put me into the 10's with of course some work from my cyl. head guy and he really made it work. They need to be reworked in certain areas to really come alive and many use them . I myself depend on Edelbrock as Vic spent many hours designing these intakes and I now use the Edel. Super Victor for tall decks and man let me tell ya, my 505 just never stops pullin even at 8000 rpm's, but then again, I have an awesome package of an engine this time around. Good move on your part to get the R manifold, it should drop you down a bit in et and maybe even change your power curve a little also. Please let us know how things turn out, and of course, good luck

Elkyman
Old 10-28-2007, 11:19 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by blittle
Hey Brian, I sent a message to those guy's at APD, wanting to buy a new alky carb last week and haven't heard anything from them. Guess they don't like us Texas boy's. :lol:
You'll need to call them, ask for Randy, Joe or John all 3 are good guys to chat with. I dont think they reply to the email thing. The phone sometimes is even hard to get through its always busy with people calling.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Gdaddy
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Brian..i had a buddy considering a change to alky..i had just ordered a new 1150 for my 447 SBC in my Trans Am..and told him he was welcome to try it. i put it on and set his fuel system like mine .we went to the track..it was a little warm..bad air..his car went .24 better than the BEST pass his Pro Systems gas dominator in the best of air..needless to say..i didnt get my carb back..lol..i called John and ordered a new 1..his stuff works great..you will be happy im sure John and Randy are Good guys and great to help with any issues
Old 10-28-2007, 06:45 PM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by hammertime
You'll need to call them, ask for Randy, Joe or John all 3 are good guys to chat with. I dont think they reply to the email thing. The phone sometimes is even hard to get through its always busy with people calling.
It was sent to John, figured I'd need to call, very few respond to there email. Don't know why they bother to put them on the site. :roll:

Thanks, Bill
Old 10-28-2007, 07:38 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

A lot of companies never reply via email.
I always call after 1pm seems like the phone is always busy in the am.
Joey is good with fuel systems
Randy is the self proclaimed carb god :lol:
Johnny is the all around man

Its amazing to see all the brands of carbs in there getting redone if you think of it, its under the bench being swapped over.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:27 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Bill
Call Patrick,you won't ever have to chase this guy.Patrick is a great guy and tends to business and he returns calls and emails if missed.24-7 help also

http://www.pro-system.com/friendlydom.html
Old 10-29-2007, 09:51 AM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

Thanks Guys, I'll get um tracked down. I know somebody wants to sell a new carb.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:15 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks Guys, I'll get um tracked down. I know somebody wants to sell a new carb.
gas or alky ?
Old 10-29-2007, 12:30 PM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by hammertime
gas or alky ?
Changeing to Alky, currently have gas 4150 HP1000.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -