cross a 6 lane exrwy. But this guy was changing lanes and realy making
it hard to keep track of him, from the time i checked to see if there
was anything next to me to move he had switched to the right lane and
i did think "dam, he was just in the fast lane and i cut him off cause
i was trying to make sure whats around in front and this guy was not
wearing a helmet, and making it hard for others to make sure we
are aware of other things crosing infront, that sign, what does it say,
drive friendly, oh well chalk it up for another lesson, you know
i always travel on farm to mkt but needed to make time :?
Old 07-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Good points Outlaw... I am pretty young still & not a "biker' but I have a few former addict friends who are now patched as "bikers for Christ" who were free souls & such. We have the pleasure of the "Mongrals" here where I live, they are fighting for territory here. These guys are dangerous... not to be taken lightly. Saw one the other day ridin' an old panhead hard-tail chopper with ape-hangers... & for a moment we locked eyes... all i saw was a a cold, shallow, preditor look on his face. He must have liked my hot rod, gave me a thumbs up & i kindly did the same putting on my best poker face. That same man could probably care less that i am a father & a christain.... probably would like me better if he knew I was not. Everyone is right- peace is the best way to live. I am sorry to hear that you are on those narcotics... i was addicted to them for a few years myself, amoungst other things... been sober long time now. But I am glad to hear you are ALIVE... God must have a plan for you.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:39 AM
v8Fiero
MASTER BUILDER

dont pre-judge people. Bikers (not nesiccerily patch holders) are some of the best people you will ever meet, until you show them a reason to think otherwise.

and I dont think outlaw meant he was addicted to illegal narcodics, I think he meant that he has to use prescription drugs or else he will die or be in severe pain.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I don't judge either... but at the same time, I would not care if Outlaw was an addict... I would respect him for the fight. I will make myself clear: I don't care who you are, what color you are, what you do, where you are from.... perscibed narcotics taken long enough will make you physically addicted, like it or not!! It's not a choice. Things like Morphine, Demeraol, Vicodin, Percocet, Darvocet, "whatever-CET" will make you addicted at least physicially. Believe me, I have been there, done that. Outlaw probably has to take them to avoid MORE pain & suffering.... its justifible. His doctor I am sure has told him what narcotics are capable of after prolonged use. Addiction is not always a choice... yet addicts are judged all the time & steriotyped as the dude in the gutter who is begging for change & has sores on his face... it would BLOW YOUR MIND to know how many people out there are addicted to perscibed narcotics... dont be nieve, this is a major epedimic. Last, the difference between Morphine & HERION is that one is synthetic... thats all.... same effect... period.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:30 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

easy guys everything s cool. v8 i dont judge anyone.i take my family or did take my family to daytona bike week my son had is bike as did my wife and myself.i always felt at home kinda like i was amongst my own people.i dont explain things to good anymore so ill try to do this right. what i was trying to say was . that a man on a harley in his mind he thinks all of a sudden hes the baddest man in town. he gets him self in a situation where he has to pull over and prove to you he is it.and maybe to him self.now a real biker in that situation would have let the fur fly not get on his scooter and scoot.hence the term wanna be.he got scared and got the hell out of ther all the while trying to save face . bikers are the best people in the world.rode by a loner and he was changing a tire for a old man in a 110 heat. i dont know if i would have done that. i just aint sure.but that same man in the situation as signs, could have killed him and went to eat lunch. been married to the same little girl for 30 yrs. shes all prim and proper(buisness woman)im the stereotypical biker turned to me at bike week one year and said dad these people ARE SOME OF THE NICEST PEOPLE I EVER MET. so v8 i do agree with you my friend. about the drug thing, what i was trying to say is that i have to depend on some little pills to even be able to get out of bed.even with the drugs if i work out in the shop for 6 -7 hrs i hurt so bad.without the methodone and oxycontin the pain becomes so bad i still consider loading the gun. i am addicted to them physically and mentally. but i dont care. they make it possible for me to work with my son in our shop.rigsby you are right a preacher who lives down the road from us is addicted to pain meds also. so are alot of the older folk around here.(who by the way dont do drugs). but i dont care if it was herion if it stops the pain ill take it . signs i know what you mean. the guy rides like a fool .a real biker would have rode where everyone could have seen him not hopping from lane to lane.if you had run over the fool it wouldnt have been your fault.he kinda had it coming.i just saw i didnt see him and lost it im sorry if it sounded like it was your fault hell i didnt even know the whole story.you guys are great. thanks for listening to me.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:44 PM
v8Fiero
MASTER BUILDER

owtlaw, I wasnt directing my other post to you at all. just because somebody is riding a hardtail chopper with ape hangers doesnt mean hes ready to kill everybody in nearest car riding by. If youve ever rode a hardtail chopper before rigsby youd know that rider probably wasnt thinking cold, hard, predator shootouts but probably how much his kidneys and back hurt from the ride around town and just suppressing the pain enough to get to the nearest bar to get some doctor in him. If you treat all people like an individual person you will be surprised how many stereotypes you will break (bikers, loners, cops, doctors, lawers, blacks, whites, gays, lesbiens, etc). Im not a fan of organized religion at all, you dont need the book to be moral. Ive had more then one bad experience with churches and other groups and have separated myself from most organizations (religion, stamped bike gangs, etc).

I hear what your saying outlaw, My dad put me on the gas tank of his heritage when I was 1 year old and i havent been the same since. My dads had a harley every day of his life since he was 20. same with me, I have a 72 sporty, still building it the way i want it. and I agree with you, a real biker would have prepared more to make sure all drivers on the road would see him at all times and not change lanes right before an on-ramp. I just wanted to clear up my other post a little more, I came across the wrong way.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:12 AM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

this past wk end there was a 5 motorcycle wreck, one bike hit head
on with another bike going the other way, they both died, no helmet.
the other 3 bikers were following and ran into the wreck and all 3
with a 12yr old pass were wearing helmets and survived, prayers
for the dead bikers families, godspeed. back in march 2 bikers were
traveling in opposite directions hit head on, the farm to mkt road
had sharp truns and the bikes hit and exploded, both guys burned
to death before someone found them, now there is just this big
black spot ont he road, rest in peace, and ride safe.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:41 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

man that is awful.i hate to hear about a brother going down.for the past seven yrs my son has been beside me, iam raelly starting to get scared that some fool is going to get him.i blame myself that he rides one anyway. if something went wrong, man i cant live without him.hes 24 and the daddy of 2.they need him safe not crippled up like me or worse dead.ive been trying to figure out a way to tell him ive been thinking about selling our bikes.i dont know how to tell him his old man is starting to get nervous when i fire one up and get on the road.you couldnt drive a 10 penny nail up my a$$ when i see a oncoming car!!!!NEVER, NEVER did i ever think i would become afraid to ride. when i was in the nursing home, sitting in a wheelchair, they said i wouldnt be able to ride again. i actually started to cry and said then said what the hell do i have to live for.i love it. but i cant have my son looking at me and seeing a wimp. id rather go down and stay. maybe he will read this post and come talk to me!
Old 07-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I didn't mean to sound harsh... not my intention. I am an addict, through & through. We are everywhere... we are bikers, doctors, teachers, amougst the crowd, everywhere... we all are the same, but look different. Outlaw, I was temporarily like you... not as as bad though. I took methodone & oxycontinin too. I am younger than you, & luckily & I had a chance to heal up pretty good. But in the process, I found that the meds were much more than a need... I wanted them all the time... I found out that I am an addict. It's tricky- because we are judged... I am no different than that guy in the gutter who is shooting up... it's just that i am clean. If I go back, I will certainly die or wind up in the Hospital. Believe me, at parties I get judged for not drinking. I get judged for comming out of a A/A meeting, or simply saying what I have become. People say "I don't judge", but when you see that guy in the gutter, remember; he is not there by choice anymore... he is there because that hell is his life he cannot control. I would love to be able to say 100% that i do not judge, but it's simply not true for me... I am not perfect, & I have judged. One thing I try not to do anymore is judge the addict. As far as the meds are concerned, if that was what i had to do to get up, I would take them. It's better than the pain you must have. lesser of the 2 evils i guess. Take care my friend.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:53 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

guys i really never thought for the first minute that anyone was judging me i thought we were having a honest disscussion. belive me it felt good to open up alittle. thanks guys just for listening.