Hitting transbrake by mistake

Old 09-28-2009, 05:25 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
Originally Posted by doorracer
you should never be in 2nd in the pits ....

only time that car should be in low gear is when your going to stage
:?: :?: :?:

just for the very reason we are talking about .. transbrake will not come on in second and NO reason to be in 1st
Ok, the way you wrote it the first time is what confused me. Never in 2nd in the pits only in low at the line. No gears left that way if its a pg.

Curtis
Old 09-28-2009, 09:08 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

you should never be in 2nd in the pits ....

only time that car should be in low gear is when your going to stage
:?: :?: :?:

just for the very reason we are talking about .. transbrake will not come on in second and NO reason to be in 1st
Ok, the way you wrote it the first time is what confused me. Never in 2nd in the pits only in low at the line. No gears left that way if its a pg.

Curtis
sorry was typing in a hurry there
Old 09-28-2009, 10:17 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

My problem is I can type faster than my brain can work sometimes.

Curtis
Old 09-28-2009, 04:07 PM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Thanks for the info guys. I didn't want to "bump" into anybody in the pits or the staging lanes.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:45 AM
tazracing
SENIOR BUILDER

If the transbrake is hook up right it will only come on in low gear so if you hit at 150 mph i would hope your in high gear.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:29 PM
outlaw28
APPRENTICE

Default ???

Ok i have just heard about something i do not know about so i have to ask and hopefully get a awnser ? What is this product that takes the pedal to the floor when the transbrake is activated and not bring the rpms up until the transbrake is released ? Or how does it work and where do you get it?
Old 07-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: ???

Originally Posted by outlaw28
Ok i have just heard about something i do not know about so i have to ask and hopefully get a awnser ? What is this product that takes the pedal to the floor when the transbrake is activated and not bring the rpms up until the transbrake is released ? Or how does it work and where do you get it?
"starting line enhancer" I don't know if it is a actual device of it's own..but it is a feature in some delay boxes. They use them with a throtle stop . Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:43 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: ???

Originally Posted by outlaw28
It is called a "starting line enhancer" as Tod wrote. It's an air cylinder that connects the throttle to the carb. Your delay box allows you to hit a button and the cylinder extends so your foot is on the floor and the engine is at an idle or just above. It can go to full throttle in two different ways depending on what type of racing you are doing. If you are pro tree racing it will open the throttle when you activate your transbrake, or if sportsman tree it will go full usually .8 of a second before the transbrake releases.

It really makes it easy to stage and concentrate on the tree using one.

Curtis
Old 07-29-2010, 05:38 AM
outlaw28
APPRENTICE

Default Thanks

Thanks guys for the input i will have to check on this dont think my sanction will let me run this ?