spindle stagger

Old 02-19-2010, 02:45 PM
skyhighracing
APPRENTICE

thanks again guys for your input,im going 1" stagger and play it safe.have a happy race season and may GOD bless us all. ray
Old 02-19-2010, 03:48 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

ZIP ! What a great story !! I always get a kick when hearing stories of the 'early developmental' days of racing and reading between the lines of the rule book !!
IMHO everything is waaaaay to much on a 'LEVEL' playing field. Takes the home grown ingenuity(FUN) out of the equation....
Old 02-19-2010, 11:06 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
ZIP ! What a great story !! I always get a kick when hearing stories of the 'early developmental' days of racing and reading between the lines of the rule book !!
IMHO everything is waaaaay to much on a 'LEVEL' playing field. Takes the home grown ingenuity(FUN) out of the equation....
Don't know if it's true...but I heard one about Smokey Yunick(sp) He was being torn down because they thought he had extra fuel hidden in the car...they had his fuel tank out of the car...he got mad,got into the car and drove away.
I also was told something like,the rules said one fuel line a certain size....so he just had like 50 feet of fuel line that size...something like that. Totally legal,just not as the rule was intended.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:00 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I read that same story somewhere. Yunick was a favorite 'rule bender ' of mine !!