More power needed from my ZZ4 Fastburn

Old 11-12-2009, 04:12 PM
aktroop
SHOW GUEST

Yeah I hear ya on the "twisting" issue. I'm thinking a set of sub frame connectors and a Cal trax type rear set up is a good start. My friend has a set of 10" slicks he wants me to try but I don't think they will fit right on my wheels. Besides, the 9" slicks I have should hook if everything else is right.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:17 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Yeah the 9" should hook good.

The one thing I also forgot about that nobody else has asked either is.....

Are you getting a good burnout and heating up the tires enough to get them to hook good?
Old 11-14-2009, 05:20 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

NOOO!!!! Don't shave a set of fast burns!!! :shock: As the name implies,the shape of the chamber is why these heads work so well!!You might not wanna change that.JMO. 7000 is a good bit of rpm for a zz4 short block.They are crazy reliable motors,but that is kinda pushing it. That is also alot of rpms to being running with a hyd roller. Those are inherently heavy lifters. Go solid roller if you gotte buzz it that high.Fastburns are a 220 cc port head,so you got plenty of air flow potential there. Tap into it with the proper cam :wink:
Old 11-16-2009, 05:44 PM
aktroop
SHOW GUEST

Thanks for the advice olds48, that is why I'm here, so I can gather information from a bunch of different people. It makes sense what you said about the shape of the bowl. Also about the reliability of the ZZ4. That thing runs 7000 every time at the stripe. Interesting idea about the cam, I'll keep that in mind.

GW