RPM activated switch

Old 03-27-2009, 09:10 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Default RPM activated switch

I installed a RPM activated switch on my dragster, since I have a electric shifter with a spring loaded solenoid. But after I installed the switch my tach quit working. If I disconnect the power wire from my RPM switch my tach works. Has anyone run into this or do I have a bad switch.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:06 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Sounds like a switch problem, we just put a msd 8956 in the Biscyne to control the newly installed 200HP nitrous, and it didn't change/anything else electically. Do you have all the wiring diagrams for MSD? There is a download availably at their site for every wiring diagam, in a PDF format. I couldn't install a push bottom on their systems without that download ops:

Zip.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I used to have a book that had every wiring diagram in it but it got ruined...only cost 5 bucks.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:57 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

I went to the MSD site and the instructions they have are the same as came with the activated switch. I guess I'll just have to call them Monday and talk to a tech.