Looking for an inner cooler for Weiand 6-71

Old 05-19-2010, 04:25 AM
Mudmut
JOURNEYMAN

Default Looking for an inner cooler for Weiand 6-71

Hello all,

I have been trying to find a manufactor of an inner cooler/intercooler/aftercooler, what ever you want to call it for my 427 BBC with 6-71 weiand supercharger. I have yet to find any thing, can anyone help me with where to look, or a company to contact. Thanks for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

MUDMUT
Old 05-19-2010, 04:30 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I have had a few blower cars, I have never seen such a thing :?:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 05-19-2010, 04:36 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
I have had a few blower cars, I have never seen such a thing :?:
They mainly use them on the other type superchargers. I had a brain fart and cant think of the name.

Anyways, I would think that the only way you would be able to put one on is if your car is fuel injected. Otherwise the carbs sit right on top of the blower and there is no place to put the lines for the intercooler to the intake which is right under the blower.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:25 PM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

BDS part number 8956 for 671/871. It's 4" tall and has (2) 1/2" inlets and (2) 1/2" outlets.
Of course you will need a longer stud kit, the radiator/water pump/lines and a longer belt.
Dave
Old 05-19-2010, 03:46 PM
billhendren
MASTER BUILDER

Ran one on my dyno 15 years ago,with tap water running through the cooler it gained 85 H.P.and cooled the charge from 330 deg down to 90 deg. Bill
Old 05-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Mudmut
JOURNEYMAN

Thanks guys I appreciate it. BTW this in on a 4x4 Truck, and will be fuel injected when I get home from overseas. Thanks again all I do appreciate it.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:19 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

they make a nitrous plate to go between hat and blower to lower temp...best solution is to run alcohol injection with hat nozzles , no more heat...
Old 05-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Mudmut
JOURNEYMAN

I have been toying with the idea of converting to alcohol at the same time, but considering I run on the street a good amount and the fact that it burns twice as fast, hell I only get 5 mpg right now. Not to mention I am not real sure how easy it is to get around Harker Heights, TX aslo have no idea how much it costs a gal. 93 octane or even race gas I know where I can get that. I do agree though alcohol means no more heat. Still a little up in the air about it. Nitrous I am a little scared of, besides from what I have read so far it would be on a WOT switch, so the only time I get the cooling effect is at WOT, that doesn't really happen all that offten. So I really don't think that would really be a good idea for me. I think alcohol would be a better option over all. But need a lot more info on it. Good side is that I have time to do research and any advice you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for all your help
Old 05-21-2010, 03:56 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

on the street you need to underdrive the blower more. less heat
Old 05-21-2010, 04:59 AM
Mudmut
JOURNEYMAN

Understand, but I didn't see the point of having a Blower if I was going to underdrive it. Right now I really don't think that the heat is a huge factor, but since the truck in continuing to fall more to the side of MUD Drag truck, I am just doing my research. I am seriously thinking about converting to Alcohol as a couple of guys have suggested and the more research I do the better I like it. Only problem I have right now is trying to find a supplier in the Central Texas area and how much the fuel is going to cost. Thanks for the advice and keep it coming please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -