Late mid life crisis...

Old 05-06-2014, 06:08 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Default Late mid life crisis...

I have been riding motorcycles since I was 9 years old, first bike I ever had was a Honda XR75. I went and got my motorcycle license when I was 16 (now you have to be 18 in Illinois) and had all kinds of street bikes over the years, Yamaha XS1100, RZ350 and FJ1200. Kawasaki KZ750, trail bikes enduros and even a sweet custom Titan Coyote that I modded the crap out of.

I sold that beauty in 2009 after 2 of my closest friends passed away in motorcycle accidents just 2 months apart. I have had 2 dirt bikes since then but no street bike.
So I am starting to get a itch but want to go vintage. One of the best and wicked fast bikes I had in the late 80's was a 1975 Honda CB750 K5, this bike was raked, stretched and lowered. Bored out to something like 900cc's with a hug cam in it. Not a cornering bike but it would chew up and spit out crotch rockets in a straight line! The only pic I can find of that bike is it with the head tore off cause I was replacing the head gasket.

So I miss that bike, just dont need one as nasty so I had been browsing Craigslist when I ran across this beauty a super frickin clean 1985 Honda Nighthawk S CB700SC. 2 owner bike and the 2nd owner has had her the last 12 years. I was in shock at just how clean this machine was for being almost 30 years old. I am happy, it was priced great, runs and rides great with new tires and battery. Bike has never been modified in any way except the Corbin seat. I forgot what its like to ride a bike that will actually take a corner at speed and still have a very comfortable riding position.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 05-06-2014, 06:10 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Old 05-06-2014, 06:12 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

The original black chrome dual exhaust looks and sounds great. nice to have something dependable, kinda rare, not a Harley and its fun to scoot around on.__________________

Old 05-06-2014, 12:42 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Nice.... I've had a couple Honda 750's. 1970 & 1973. They were fun bikes. Still thinking about getting another bike, probably a twin instead of a four. Remember... Shiny side up. Safe riding.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:48 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

That thing is clean.
I had several when I was younger. Last one was a KZ 900. I loved that bike, but sold it shortly after I got married. Id love to have another, but I still like to drive way to stupid fir a fast bike

All I need is a liquor cycle. Hell,I got in a bunch of trouble on one of those when I was only about 13. Lol.

Hope you enjoy it this summer.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:17 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Damn nice find...she looks brand new!!