Switching from gas to alky with nitrous????

Old 11-29-2008, 11:58 AM
flight71
JOURNEYMAN

Default Switching from gas to alky with nitrous????

Is there a chart anywhere to help with this? Would like to try alcohol but dont know anything about it and i'm sure I need bigger fuel side jetting but dont know where to start? I currently run a 300 tune up through a edelbrock E-3 fogger system but its on c-16 gas also thinking of going to Q16 fuel and was told this would change jetting also was told to jett up 5-6 in just the carb???? help???
Old 11-29-2008, 12:26 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

I don't think you'll get much improvement using alcohol with nitrous instead of racing fuel. Alot of racers that are on alcohol as a fuel source still use racing fuel with their nitrous. IMO I think nitrous systems were designed to use gas and if you were to use alcohol with nitrous you would need bigger solenoids, fittings and lines. JMO
I don't change my carb jettings from running nitrous to running without.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:58 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Switching from gas to alky with nitrous????

Originally Posted by flight71
Is there a chart anywhere to help with this? Would like to try alcohol but dont know anything about it and i'm sure I need bigger fuel side jetting but dont know where to start? I currently run a 300 tune up through a edelbrock E-3 fogger system but its on c-16 gas also thinking of going to Q16 fuel and was told this would change jetting also was told to jett up 5-6 in just the carb???? help???
please downsize your avatar.

thanks

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-29-2008, 01:36 PM
flight71
JOURNEYMAN

Default Re: Switching from gas to alky with nitrous????

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by flight71
please downsize your avatar.

thanks
dont know how i will just do away with it
Old 11-29-2008, 01:49 PM
flight71
JOURNEYMAN

I don't change my carb jettings from running nitrous to running without.[/quote]

I dont either i was talking about changing the jets in my fogger nozzles on the fuel side.

So your saying to run 2 complete fuel systems and to run the engine on alky and keep the nitrous on gas, i had 2 fuel systems but it was because i had junk holley blue pumps and one would not supply enough fuel to run both the engine and the spray so i put a blue pump on both the bungs on the fuel cell one to carb and one to nos it worked ok if you could only depend on the pumps to work :x , went to a magna fuel and never had a another problem
Old 11-29-2008, 02:20 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

You cant just change jets to run it with the alky you will need a different fuel side setup switching to Alky. You will need to call the company that makes your kit and see if they have something for it.